OverviewYMCA of Perth Swim for Life Coordinator Full Time in Western Australia
YMCA of Perth
Branch WA AU
Swim for Life Coordinator
Financial management, including monitoring income and. Experience with youth and community services sector. That is a creative service that uses swimming pools…
Swim for Life is a YMCA WA program that is a creative service that uses swimming pools and the profession of lifeguarding as a pathway to help disengaged Aboriginal young people find employment. This is a great opportunity to coordinate a successful program that contributes to our efforts to help young people transition into adulthood and community leadership, with a focus on employment.
YMCA WA is recruiting for a fixed tem full time Swim for Life Coordinator located in Port Hedland . The Swim for Life Coordinator will be seen as a key representative of the YMCA to the local community and you will work closely with a broad base of key stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of services to Aboriginal young people with particular emphasis on the provision of diversionary based training and educational programs and services. In order to do this you will need to utilise your strategic and operational planning skills and also use your localised knowledge to build and maintain networks, relevant to the program.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the day to day operations of Swim for Life and associated activities consistent with targets established
- Develop, implement and co-ordinate all aspects of employment training activities
- Ensure consultation with Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal community members regarding the implementation of programs
- Deliver workshops, clinics and training as required
- Conduct program and service reviews and create reports and budgets as required
- Work collaboratively with a broad base of key stakeholders within the areas of operation.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or extensive experience with youth and community services sector.
- Experience, understanding and/or training working with aboriginal communities
- Financial management, including monitoring income and expenditure
- Proven business and program management skills.
- Proven community development and community capacity building skills
- Working with Children Check and National Police Certificate
- Provide First Aid Certificate
Please click on the “join us” tab. A position description is also available on the website. Should you require any further information please contact Amber Lee on (08) 9473 8400. .Applications close: 5 May 2017
YMCA WA is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , WA, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-18