OverviewWorld Vision Australia Business Intelligence Manager- Finance (12 month fixed term contract) Contract in Victoria
World Vision Australia
Branch VIC AU
Business Intelligence Manager- Finance (12 month fixed term contract)
Finance & Corporate Services exists to drive optimised business performance, undertake financial management and reporting activities, oversee corporate…
Why World Vision Australia?
Your talent and expertise will be valued here. We have a very real passion for what we do and this energy flows into our day-to-day work. When you’re contributing to the impact we have on the lives of children and their communities, it gives ‘job satisfaction’ a new meaning.
People start here because they are looking to do something bigger than themselves. They stay here because they can see and feel the impact that they’re having, while developing new skills.
Who you’ll be working with
Finance & Corporate Services exists to drive optimised business performance, undertake financial management and reporting activities, oversee corporate governance mechanisms, and ensure World Vison Australia meets regulatory requirements.
Your opportunity to make a difference
The Business Intelligence Manager- Finance (internally referred to as Manager, Performance Reporting) is accountable for managing a team that generates real-time access to business data and performance reporting. This role exists to oversee the generation of performance reports for the organisation, initially focusing on our Marketing, Retail, Corporate & Philanthropy teams and providing a credible ‘single source of truth’.
Key accountabilities in the role include:
- Overseeing the development & maintenance of real-time Business Intelligence (BI) reporting and predictive models that drive business performance
- Building team capability in the manipulation of large and complex datasets to find patterns based on historical transactional data
- Communicating key insights to the business in the form of insightful, relevant, accurate and practical advice and recommendations
- Leadership and direction of the BI Team to achieve a motivated and engaged team capable of meeting requirements.
- Building rapport and being a trusted advisor to the Performance & Planning team ensuring they have the appropriate information and insights for decision making
- Collaborating with IT subject matter experts to ensure the information needs of the business are allowed for in the data architecture platform
For more information, please view the job description.
Who we’re looking for
As a performance and results focussed BI Manager, you will possess the following skills, experience & qualifications:
- Strong skills using SQL and Power BI tools
- Ability to think strategically, with strong business acumen
- Experience in leading, managing & developing direct reports
- Exemplary stakeholder management, collaboration, communication and presentation skills
- Experience interpreting and presenting data and facilitating decision making with senior management
- Tertiary qualification in Information System, Marketing, Business, or other related discipline
- Experience in systems development within a medium-large corporate
What you need to know
This is a 12 month fixed term contract role operating in a full-time capacity and will be based at our head office in Burwood East, Victoria.
What you get
In addition to the rewarding career you will have with World Vision Australia, there are many and varied benefits to working with us, here’s a sample:
- Being part of a professional and friendly team united by their commitment to one common goal; the fight against global poverty, its causes and making a real difference in the world
- Access to salary packaging
- On-site café and free on-site parking
- Participating in comprehensive professional development programs that include on-the-job learning, e-learning, workshops, forums and leadership development, or change roles internally
Questions? Please contact [email protected]
Download the Position Description
Advertised: 18 Apr 2017 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 30 Apr 2017 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Victoria, TX, US
Posted on: 2017-04-22