OverviewWoolworths Supermarkets Payroll & Accounts Adminstrator Full Time in Brisbane QLD
Branch Brisbane QLD AU
Payroll & Accounts Adminstrator
Avoid the CBD rush as we are conveniently located approximately an hour from Brisbane, in the Western Suburbs with free on-site car parking!…
Quality and freshness doesn’t come easy, which is why we have a fantastic group of people working around the clock at Woolworths Distribution Centres to tackle the mind boggling logistical challenge of coordinating supplies from the farm-gate to supermarket shelves across the state.
Our Distribution Centres are also a critical control point in checking the quality of fresh food and placing it in the optimal conditions to protect its flavour, freshness and texture. Alongside the top service we provide to our supermarkets we also have super performance in our Distribution Network which store stock for many of our other brands such as BWS, Dan Murphy’s, Big W, Masters Home Improvement to mention just a few.
Australia’s biggest retailer, Woolworths Ltd, has partnered with UK based Hilton Food Group to become a leading supplier to our customers. This is an exciting time for our Company as we drive our business into the future of operational excellence based upon International standards. Wow Meat Company represents Woolworth’s internal Meat Supply Chain. There are three plants currently in this group. This role is based at our Churchill Site within the Ipswich region. Wow Meat Company, Churchill supplies Queensland and New South Wales with quality meat products for Stores, with exciting changes and growth ahead to meet consumer trends.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our team for a talented Payroll & Accounts Adminstrator . If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding career, this may be the role for you!
The primary focus for the Payroll and Administrative Support Team Member is to ensure accurate and timely payment of wages to EA employees within the Site, compliance with the EA, policies, legislation and procedures as well as other administrative tasks.
This is a full-time Salaried position. The successful applicant will need to have flexible availability across the week.
The key activities are:
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to interpret and make pay related decisions based upon our Enterprise Agreement, employment conditions and employment legislation
- Competent in Payroll processing and making manual pay calculations
- Effective organisational skills and strong administrative skills preferably in a Payroll or HR team
- Knowledge of Time and Attendance review principles
- Experience in Payroll Systems, Kronos, Paymas an advantage
- High level of data entry speed, accuracy and attention to detail
To be considered for this role applicants need to be able to meet the following selection criteria:
- Experience in a business environment involved in Payroll and HR administration preferred
- Effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Is available for and approachable by team members and stakeholders
- Proficiency with various computer programs: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Google Gmail
- Competent in planning and problem solving
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Dedication to continuous improvement methods
- The role is Monday to Friday, however some flexibility may be required to meet the requirements of the role, including the requirement to work some Public Holidays to meet deadlines
As part of creating a safe working environment, our Site operates under a Drug & Alcohol Policy for all those on Site. Employees are subject to possible random testing, and applicants to this role can expect to undergo tests as part of the recruitment process.
Avoid the CBD rush as we are conveniently located approximately an hour from Brisbane, in the Western Suburbs with free on-site car parking!
If you have the energy, edge and ideas that will shape the future of our business for years to come then we want to hear from you!
As part of creating a safe working environment, our Distribution Centres operates under a Drug & Alcohol Policy for all those on site. Employees are subject to possible random testing, and applicants to this role can expect to undergo tests as part of the recruitment process, in addition to a full physical.”
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2016-03-22