OverviewWestpac Group Senior Workforce Planning Manager, GroupTech Full Time in Sydney Central Business District NSW
Branch Sydney Central Business District NSW AU
Senior Workforce Planning Manager, GroupTech
Sydney Central Business District NSW
Other areas as required, eg, External stakeholders, Business project teams, Finance, Risk, Compliance. Westpac Group has a rich heritage and offers employees a…
Westpac Group has a rich heritage and offers employees a multitude of opportunities. We aim to attract the best people inside and outside of the business – building an organisation where the best talent thrives.
This role is part of the Technology Optimisation Team whose client base and services span all of Group Technology. The vision of Tech Optimisation is to transform Group Tech by improving the efficiency of business processes, building and better managing our workforce capability and attracting talent for our workforce of the future.
This senior role is responsible for the delivery of Workforce and Productivity initiatives which are key enablers of Group Tech’s vision to build a workforce of Game Changing Technologists.
You will be leading a team of specialists as well as working on initiatives related to workforce that enable better management of our resources; help mitigate operational risks related to our workforce as well as enhance and optimise our existing operating models, tools and frameworks and strategic supplier agreements.
You will be accountable for the identification, development and integration of workforce and business planning initiatives and services, including provision of workforce analytics for senior management and peers to enable informed decision making on matters relating to the business. You will be part of an adaptable service-oriented team of professionals who help shift the dial for Group Tech and enable the delivery of our strategic imperatives with an optimised workforce.
Workforce Management & Supply/Demand
- Manage the identification, development and integration of workforce and business planning initiatives and services, including provision of workforce analytics for senior management and peers to enable informed decision making on matters relating to the business
- Analyse and interpret information, undertake research, review internal and external workforce trends, identifying emerging issues and risks to organisational capability and provide advice, explanation and recommendations on appropriate actions and solutions
- Develop and maintain the overarching Business Plan working with key stakeholders to ensure the plan aligns to corporate objectives and addresses identified workforce capability gaps
- Ensure allocation of tasks, priorities, performance goals and resources of the team to align with overarching business unit objectives and requirements
- Develop and manage an environmental scanning framework to ensure evidence based and informed strategy development and business planning
- Prepare reports, analysis, submissions and briefing notes for management as required
- Provide expert advice on strategic and operational workforce planning issues
- Develop Workforce Optimisation strategy to maximise service levels
- Embed consistent workforce management disciplines across Group Tech
- Analyse and manage long term forecasts as well as attrition, scenario modelling and other impacts to resourcing
- Take ownership of Workforce Planning technology solutions
- Thought leadership on operational requirements
- Contribute to strategic planning within Group Tech
- Identify and manage strategic and operational continuous improvement opportunities
- Lead, coach and motivate a team of Productivity Managers to achieve and maintain objectives and KPIs.
Optimise Business Model
- Manage, operationalise and maintain the Group Tech Job Family Framework/ role description library (IT Job Family Framework), role analysis framework, and project design principles including ensure alignment to shifting demands of Group Tech’s resourcing requirements.
- Track adherence, identify and resolve anomalies in JFF
- Anticipate trends and be a workforce SME to leaders in Group Tech.
- Advise leaders on operating model changes and impact on their workforces.
Resource & Contractor Management
- Liaison point for Strategic Sourcing and Talent Acquisition in order to negotiate and secure necessary resources to fulfil project demand.
- Actively documenting resource allocation and maintaining a skills database.
- Deliver workforce optimisation or business improvement projects as required to enable delivery of workforce strategy and plans and Group Tech strategy.
- Monitoring, reviewing and reporting on resource allocation and deployment.
- Make recruitment recommendations to the business that align to our strategic imperative.
- Business Managers, General Manager, Heads of Functions, Portfolio Directors across Group Tech
- HR Managers – Group HR and Group Tech and Talent Acquisition Team
- Strategic Sourcing and EIS – Central PMO
- Other areas as required, eg, External stakeholders, Business project teams, Finance, Risk, Compliance.
Required Experience, Capabilities and Attributes:
- Experience delivering integrated programs of work in large scale enterprise
- Experience in Workforce Management or HR specifically equipping organisations to proactively manage their workforce and capability requirements related to HR frameworks and tools
- Experience in delivering change in People/Workforce or Transformation projects
- Extensive knowledge of effective Resource Management processes
- Experience in workforce analytics with a proven track record of using data to drive decision making
- Experience in process improvement
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong project management, change management, communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to engage, influence and negotiate with stakeholders of all levels
- Bachelor degree minimum education
- Able to lead, coach and motivate a team
- Builds effective relationships and assimilates information quickly
- Relationship management skills and client focussed
- Has a growth mindset
- Driven to deliver – proven ability to deliver the best possible results for the organisation
and shows determination, resourcefulness and a sense of purpose in achieving this
- Able to persuade, negotiate and influence outcomes.
Westpac Group is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Sydney, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-17