OverviewWestpac Group Senior Business Analyst Contract in Sydney Central Business District NSW
Branch Sydney Central Business District NSW AU
Senior Business Analyst
Sydney Central Business District NSW
Manage and/or develop detailed Business Process Specifications, Business Requirements and System Functional/ Non-Functional Specifications that will drive the…
Westpac Group‘s portfolio of businesses include Westpac Retail and Business Banking, Westpac Institutional Bank, St. George Bank Group (including BankSA, RAMS and Bank of Melbourne), BT Financial Group, and Westpac New Zealand.
Several roles, such as this one, focus on supporting our multi-brand model.
About the Program & Role
Westpac has commenced an enterprise-wide transformation to become one of the world’s great service companies, operating as a 21st Century Bank, with our customer capabilities digitised by a modernised technology architecture. The transformation aims to implement a ‘One Bank’ operating model with ‘Multi-brand’ customer capabilities delivering:
- Differentiated brand propositions based on simplified and standardised products – policies -processes – platform
- Digitised Omni-channel, end to end customer and staff experience
- Contextualised, personalised customer offers and servicing, tailored from a standard set of manufactured products and services, applying new offer management capabilities for relationship pricing, decisioning and product packaging; and
- Modernised, agile and sustainable technology architecture components.
The primary focus of this program will be delivering the key capabilities enabling customer centricity and implementing the infrastructure to underpin the One Bank, Multi-Brand model.
CSH Business Analysts will be responsible for working with stakeholders to elicit and document business requirements and business processes as well as the management of requirements through the project lifecycle.
As the Business Analyst, you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Lead the definition, elicitation, prioritisation and validation of requirements and design of new or re-engineered business processes to meet the needs of the organisation
- Manage and/or develop detailed Business Process Specifications, Business Requirements and System Functional/ Non-Functional Specifications that will drive the desired change to business process, system enhancement/ development activities in accordance with the Business Analysis process framework
- Plan, estimate and report on Business Analysis activities and deliverables
- Review and revise documentation in light of any new information and/or changes to initial assumptions, including implications for project time, cost, quality and risk
- Support testing, training and implementation activities to ensure the successful delivery of the overall business and technology solutions.
To be successful you will have the following experience, skills and/or qualifications:
- Experience with Lending products is mandatory with Home Loan product domain (origination and/or services) as highly desirable
- 5+ years’ experience as an end-to-end Business Analyst on medium/ large scale programs
- Knowledge of project management disciplines and financial services
- Significant experience in requirements elicitation (planning and running requirements gathering workshops)
- Significant experience in requirements analysis and documentation (functional and non-functional requirements)
- Strong Consultative skills with demonstrated stakeholder management
- Significant experience in business process mapping
- Applied use of Unified Mark-up Language (UML) is desirable
- Coaching and mentoring of more junior Business Analysts desirable
Westpac Group has market leading employee benefits, financial product discounts, wholeheartedly supports Inclusion in the workforce (and we really mean it too), and believes work is something you do and not somewhere you go. Westpac is committed to creating flexibility for every employee so please talk to us about how we could make this role work for you.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Sydney, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-16