OverviewWestpac Group HRBP Contract in Sydney Central Business District NSW
Branch Sydney Central Business District NSW AU
Sydney Central Business District NSW
To contribute and drive business goals through the provision of business specific strategic and consultative expertise to senior leaders and their businesses….
Westpac Group is made up of some of Australia’s most recognised financial services brands, including Westpac, St George, Bank of Melbourne, BankSA, BT Financial Group and RAMS. When you join us at Westpac Group you’ll become part of one team striving to reach our vision to be one of the world’s great companies, helping our customers, communities and people to prosper and grow. Several of our roles, such as this one work to support multiple brands and are part of the driving force behind some of Australia’s most successful companies.
To contribute and drive business goals through the provision of business specific strategic and consultative expertise to senior leaders and their businesses.
Fundamental to this success is the establishment of a network of strategic relationships and a superior understanding of business plans and priorities.
This role works in partnership with the business leadership teams to design and implement long term people strategies that integrate and align to enterprise wide goals. The business partners are the interface between the business, shared services and the centres of excellence, they lead and manage consistent implementation of HR strategy and partners with colleagues to deliver best practice initiatives to the business.
This role will be supporting the Chief Customer Office (specifically Digital & Omni teams) and the Customer Service Hub. It is a 12 month secondment opportunity available from 8th May.
Your accountabilities will include:
Strategic business partnership and Relationship Management
• Strategic partnership with GM and large GM1 to find solutions to complex problems – measuring the effectiveness of those strategies and playing a lead role in driving outcomes
• Designs the workforce model that will future proof the business achieved through a deep understanding of the business macro elements to improve human capital outcomes.
• Designs the people plan and sets the workforce strategic priorities.
• Influences business strategy and contributes to commercial business decisions to achieve the right outcome for the business and our people.
• Uses leadership skills to negotiate outcomes with business leaders, leveraging data interpretation to identify programs.
• Project management people initiatives in partnership with business leaders
• Contributes to HR Calendar events by setting strategic principles for decisions; and ensures principles are applied (Talent & Succession, Performance and Rem Review, Objective & Scorecards, Engagement).Partners with Shared Services and COE for tactical execution of calendar events.
Change and organisational agility
• Identification of opportunities for the business – influencing to create competitive advantage
• Dynamic Workforce planning that aligns to the Workforce Revolution principles
• Creatively identifies and champions workforce productivity improvements
• Actively contribute to business change via governance frameworks and decision making
• Proactively partner for risk minimisation (e.g. case escalations, regulator and industry body requests)
Employee engagement and Culture
• Contributes to the cultural tone of the business leadership team
• Driving of employee engagement and culture initiatives
Data analysis and insights for the future
• Converts data insights into achieving tangible outcomes
Talent and Capability
• Coaches senior business leaders on people related issues and leadership development
• Business talent management strategies (attraction, retention, development and mobilisation)
• Cross functional initiatives to mobilise talent Enterprise wide
• Collaboration between Business Partner and leaders and sharing of talent information/data to support Talent Factory objectives
• Design and development of reward strategies in partnership with CoE
Joining Westpac has many perks besides building a long and stable career. You’ll be:
- Able have access to some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market
- Offered a highly competitive remuneration that is fair and consistent for all our people
- Entitled to a suit of online learning, training modules and career planning tools to grow with us
- Encouraged to participate in the community through paid volunteer leave and secondments available
- Be encouraged to adopt a positive work-life balance through a range of flexible work options
What you need to succeed
- 5+ years + experience in related field
- Leading and operating in ambiguity
- Understanding and applying ethics and judgement
- Influencing skills
- Demonstrated Agility in thinking and acting
- Business and commercial acumen
- Relationship and stakeholder management
- Proven ability in achieving business and talent outcomes through leadership
- Use metrics and workforce management to drive impact
- Experience working in Transformation businesses desirable.
For more information follow Westpac Group’s LinkedIn Page and visit http://careers.westpacgroup.com.au/home.aspx
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Sydney, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-24