OverviewWestern Sydney Local Health District Scientific Officer Full Time in Blacktown NSW
Western Sydney Local Health District
Branch Blacktown NSW AU
Degree in Science or relevant qualifications. This position is for the overall running of the Blacktown Molecular Research Laboratory, a NATA accredited…
This position is for the overall running of the Blacktown Molecular Research Laboratory, a NATA accredited research facility, which provides an extensive range of assays and research services to the Western Sydney Local Health District services and external clients. The laboratory is an interdisciplinary hub for scientific research and teaching. It houses computational methodologies and advanced instruments. The laboratory supports a broad array of projects, from the development and application of new diagnostic methods to different research projects in the establishment.
People with disabilities who meet the selection criteria are encouraged to apply; and where required, WSLHD will implement reasonable adjustment consistent with industry standard.
Stepping Up aims to assist Aboriginal job applicants by providing information about applying for roles in NSW Health organisations. For more information, please visit: http://www.steppingup.health.nsw.gov.au/ . Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
This position is permanent full time, working 38 hours per week and is classified as a Technical Officer Grade 1/2.
Please note: To be eligible for permanent appointment to a position in NSW Health, you must have an Australian citizenship or permanent Australian residency.
1. Degree in Science or relevant qualifications.
2. Laboratory experience in Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, PCR, RT-PCR, DNA methylation and miRNA, sequencing analysis, ELISA assays and excellent analytical skills.
3. Experience in statistical analysis; experience and demonstrated computer skills, using programs such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases and statistical programs.
4. Broad knowledge of Quality System requirements and “Best Practice” philosophies.
5. Experience in scientific project management, research grant applications and Ethics clearance.
6. Experience in new molecular genetic technology and bioinformatics.
7. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Blacktown, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-20