OverviewWestern Sydney Local Health District Executive Assistant Temporay in Westmead NSW
Western Sydney Local Health District
Branch Westmead NSW AU
The Executive Assistant will provide high level, comprehensive executive secretarial and administrative support to senior managers (and others as directed)…
The Executive Assistant will provide high level, comprehensive executive secretarial and administrative support to senior managers (and others as directed) within a busy, complex, confidential and sensitive environment. The role encompasses the need for excellent written and verbal communication skills, the need for initiative and analytical thinking skills and the ability to problem solve across all aspects of the role.
To be eligible to apply for this position, you must be a current employee of the Western Sydney Local Health District.
Persons engaged by Non-Government Organisations (NGOs) as participants of the ‘Transition to Work Program’ for people with disabilities, within WSLHD, are exempt from the above clause. People with disabilities who meet the selection criteria are encouraged to apply; and where required, WSLHD will implement reasonable adjustment consistent with industry standard.
Stepping Up aims to assist Aboriginal job applicants by providing information about applying for roles in NSW Health organisations. For more information, please visit: http://www.steppingup.health.nsw.gov.au/ . Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
*Westmead hospital car parking allocation model is changing. There is a waitlist for parking for new staff commencing at Westmead Hospital. This does not apply for staff with disability*
This position is temporary full time (up to 8 months), working 38 hours per week and is classified as an Administration Officer Level 6.
Please note: A person who is not an Australian citizen or a permanent resident is only eligible for temporary employment for a period not longer than the duration of their current visa or a period not shorter than the duration of the advertised position.
1. Excellent, demonstrated written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to prepare and review complex correspondence within a senior executive environment, including but not limited to briefing notes, ministerials and advice to internal and external clients.
2. Demonstrated comprehensive and successful experience in providing high level executive assistance and support to a senior executive including a proven capacity to operate effectively in a complex environment demanding confidentiality, flexibility and discernment.
3. Proven high level organisation skills including the ability to problem solve, prioritise workload, multi-task and meet deadlines, supported by a demonstrated capacity to exercise initiative and judgement.
4. Demonstrated ability in independently and effectively managing the diary and emails of a busy senior manager and being able to competently and confidently make appropriate decisions and progress issues on their behalf.
5. Demonstrated ability to identify issues of relevance, sensitivity and confidentiality, to interpret complex information and advice and use discretion in knowing when to escalate matters of importance and/or urgency.
6. Ability to foresee and carry out duties of the position independently as well as conscientiously working to team goals and values.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to exercise sound judgement in challenging or difficult situations.
8. Advanced proficiency in the use of the Microsoft suite of office products and ability to effectively utilise an electronic document management system, such as HPRM.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Westmead, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-18