OverviewWestern NSW Local Health District Health Service Manager Temporay in Peak Hill NSW
Western NSW Local Health District
Branch Peak Hill NSW AU
Health Service Manager
Peak Hill NSW
Broad clinical experience and operational management expertise at a senior level within a health care environment, including strategic planning, the development…
The Health Service Manager (HSM) will function as the Executive Officer / Operational Manager of Peak Hill MPS, providing leadership to local nursing and associated healthcare services.
To keep updated on career opportunities available across WNSWLHD, connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn , Twitter , Instagram @wnswlhd or visit our Health Careers website.
- WNSWLHD is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and embodies our CORE Values . We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and other diversity groups.
- Please note to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen, Australian permanent resident; New Zealand citizen or a foreign national with a visa with permission to work in Australia. For more information visit Department of Immigration and Border Protection .
- Employment Checks are mandatory as part of the recruitment process for preferred applicants for positions in the NSW Health Service. For more information NSW Health Policy Directive – NCRC & WWCC Checks .
- Preferred applicants will be required to undertake an Employment Health Assessment, and where appropriate, screening and vaccination processes prior to commencing employment. See NSW Health Policy Directive – Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination for further information.
1) Current authority to practice as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
2) Management or leadership qualifications relevant to the position of Health Service Manager.
3) Proven ability to function effectively as part of a senior management team and to work successfully with other professionals and disciplines in the management of health care services. Proven conflict resolution, mediation and negotiation skill.
4) Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to motivate inspire and manage staff to achieve service and professional goals through recognised change management processes.
5) Broad clinical experience and operational management expertise at a senior level within a health care environment, including strategic planning, the development, implementation and evaluation of organisational business plans.
6) Evidence of effective financial management and the ability to develop financial efficiency strategies and achieve goals.
7. Demonstrated understanding of the role, function and funding of Multi Purpose Services and community services within the Australian and NSW Health systems and knowledge of contemporary health issues within the LHD.
8) Current licence to drive in NSW.
This position requires a Working With Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Office of the Children’s Guardian. For more information on how to apply for the clearance, please visit the Office of the Children’s Guardian website www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/Working-with-children/working-with-children-check
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Peak Hill, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-25