OverviewWestern NSW Local Health District Clinical Nurse Educator Part Time in Canowindra NSW
Western NSW Local Health District
Branch Canowindra NSW AU
Clinical Nurse Educator
Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, advanced computer skills and software programs….
The Clinical Nurse Educator p articipate in the orientation programs for nursing staff, a ssisting with the completing ANMC self-assessment and subsequent development of individual education/development plans to gain the necessary skills to function in a health care setting within Canowindra Multi Purpose Service. The Clinical Nurse Educator p rovides clinical support for nursing staff in the Rural and Remote setting whilst e nsuring all Clinical Practice Guidelines and policies are available for access by nursing staff, t aking on a leadership role in the coordination of nursing educational programs.
To keep updated on career opportunities available across WNSWLHD, connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn , Twitter , Instagram @wnswlhd or visit our Health Careers website.
- WNSWLHD is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and embodies our CORE Values . We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and other diversity groups.
- Please note to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen, Australian permanent resident; New Zealand citizen or a foreign national with a visa with permission to work in Australia. For more information visit Department of Immigration and Border Protection .
- Employment Checks are mandatory as part of the recruitment process for preferred applicants for positions in the NSW Health Service. For more information NSW Health Policy Directive – NCRC & WWCC Checks .
- Preferred applicants will be required to undertake an Employment Health Assessment, and where appropriate, screening and vaccination processes prior to commencing employment. See NSW Health Policy Directive – Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination for further information.
1) Current authority to practice as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
2) Relevant clinical experience as a Registered Nurse in an acute care environment.
3) Demonstrated ability to practice in accordance with legislation, policies and procedures affecting Nursing practice and expert clinical skills.
4) Current Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (or a willingness to commence same within 6 months) or other relevant education qualifications deemed suitable for this position including demonstrated experience and involvement in the post graduate teaching and competency assessment of nurses.
5) Evidence of participation in own professional development and commitment to maintaining competence and enhancement of skills.
6) Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, advanced computer skills and software programs.
7) Current licence to drive in NSW.
8) Proven ability to mentor and assist staff in gaining advanced emergency care skills, including triage and initiation of emergency care for less skilled and beginning practitioners.
This position requires a Working With Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Office of the Children’s Guardian. For more information on how to apply for the clearance, please visit the Office of the Children’s Guardian website www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/Working-with-children/working-with-children-check
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Canowindra, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-18