OverviewWard Clerk (Mental Health) in Randwick NSW
The Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network
Branch Randwick NSW AU
Ward Clerk (Mental Health)
Outpatient bookings, ward admissions, requesting patient medical record notes, patient x-rays and other clerical duties….
To provide clerical duties to the ward and assist all other members of the team in their tasks of providing patient care.
This position also liaises with Clinicians, Registrars, Ward Clerks, Admitting doctor and all allied health members in the hospital in fulfilling day to day responsibilities. Other key contacts include parents, visitors, administration and other ancillary staff.
Motivated and enthusiastic person is invited to apply for the position of a Ward Clerk in Mental Health Ward in the Sydney Children’s Hospital Network. The tasks include: outpatient bookings, ward admissions, requesting patient medical record notes, patient x-rays and other clerical duties. The successful applicant will provide clerical duties in the ward and assist all other members of the team in their tasks of providing patient care. Working hours will be from 8.00am to 12.00am.
This position is Permanent Part Time working 20 hours per week and is classified as an Administrative Officer Level 2.
**You may be required to work in any facility within The Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network. Should this occur, reasonable notice will be provided.**
1. Demonstrated organisational skills.
2. Experience in a customer service environment and pleasant telephone manner.
3. Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
5. Ability to use initiative and work independently.
6. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
7. Ability to communicate effectively with staff and visitors of different positions and backgrounds.
8. Knowledge of medical terminology.
This position requires a Working With Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Office of the Children’s Guardian. For more information on how to apply for the clearance, please visit the Office of the Children’s Guardian website www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/Working-with-children/working-with-children-check
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Randwick, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2014-10-10