OverviewWanslea Youth Workers (50D) Full Time in Western Australia
Branch WA AU
Youth Workers (50D)
Tertiary qualification in Youth Work, Social Work or relevant human service or equivalent experience. Yorgum Aboriginal Corporation will be partnering with…
Youth Workers (50D)
Wanslea is expanding its ‘My Place’ Leaving Care program which supports young people who are leaving State care. Yorgum Aboriginal Corporation will be partnering with Wanslea to deliver this service. Youth Workers provide outreach and referral for young people who are transitioning from their care orders to independence. This program will have a significant focus on assisting Aboriginal young people in a culturally appropriate way.
Leaving Care has a focus on empowering young people to take control of their lives and assists them to navigate a range of issues they may encounter in this move. Staff can help them with housing, education, training, employment, health and other independent living skills.
We are currently seeking a team of dedicated, experienced and enthusiastic Aboriginal Youth Workers to join us in bringing this program to life.
The succesful applicants will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Youth Work, Social Work or relevant human service or equivalent experience
- Proven relevant experience in working with young people, preferably with those who have experienced out-of-home care
- Demonstrated ability to work with young people to develop independent life skills that are developmentally appropriate
- Proven ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Demonstrated understanding of interpersonal relationships involving young people, their families and carers
- Proven understanding of the cultural issues Aboriginal young people face as they prepare to leave care and move into independent living
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement group programs in areas such as budgeting, personal development, housing and employment readiness
Aboriginality is considered a genuine occupational qualification for this role as per Section 50D Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA).
Suitable candidates will be contacted to prepare a statement against the essential criteria
Interviews for these positions will be held on Tuesday 16 and Wednesday 17 May 2017
All enquiries for the above positions are to be directed to
Human Resources on (08) 9245 2441 or email [email protected]
Applications close Sunday 7 May 2017
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , Western Australia, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-24