OverviewVilla Maria Catholic Homes Student Wellbeing Leader Contract in Kew VIC
Villa Maria Catholic Homes
Branch Kew VIC AU
Student Wellbeing Leader
Manage Student Transportation including working on funding from NDIS and grants. Villa Maria Catholic Homes is committed to working in partnership with people…
Villa Maria Catholic Homes is committed to working in partnership with people of all ages and abilities to help them achieve their individual goals and dreams, remain connected to their communities and enjoy their independence.
As an agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne, our values including respect, compassion and inclusion guide us to deliver the highest quality services to individuals of all faiths and backgrounds.
We are a Catholic, not-for-profit organisation providing residential aged care, affordable housing options, retirement living, senior support, disability, carer and education services to more than 6,500 people across Victoria and southern New South Wales.
Villa Maria Catholic Homes is seeking a Student Wellbeing Officer to deliver improved outcomes in student wellbeing within St Paul’s College. This is an exciting newly formed position, full time fixed term for two school years.
Key Roles for Student Wellbeing Leader at St. Paul’s College are to work collaboratively under the direction of the Principal and collaboratively with POL to:
- Provide leadership in designated areas to deliver improved student wellbeing outcomes for students and staff
- Provide leadership and management in the implementation of student wellbeing initiatives and policies
- Effectively plan and document to ensure all staff are fully aware of roles, responsibilities and processes/procedures
- Coordinate formal induction of all new staff in the department
- Provide guidance and support for behaviour referrals of students at risk
- Provide guidance to ensure students are placed according to their educational, social and behavioural needs
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of high level communications within the whole school and wider community
- Promote student wellbeing through the newsletter, school website and other mediums
- Contribute to the preparation of accountability requirements of DET & CEM including Annual Report to the School Community
- Manage Student Transportation including working on funding from NDIS and grants
- Promote St. Paul’s College in the wider community including opportunities offered and programs available to assist teachers and students in regular schools
- Provide guidance and support of the Colleges’ implementation of Child Safe Standards (Ministerial Order 870)
You will need to demonstrate:
- Working With Children’s Check
- Experience in working with students with disabilities especially ASD
- Experience working with students with behaviour challenges
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and creating reports
- Some experience in NDIS preferred
- Driver’s Licence
- Graduate teachers with some similar experience are encouraged to apply
Child Safe Standards
Our school actively promote the safety and wellbeing of all students, and all school staff are committed to protecting students from abuse and harm in the school environment, in accordance with their legal obligations including child safe standards.
Villa Maria Catholic Homes is committed to being an employer of choice and provides employees with:
- A Supportive Working Environment and Workplace Culture;
- Ongoing Professional Development and Career Pathways;
- Flexible Working Arrangements;
- Purposeful and Meaningful work;
- Salary Packaging Benefits;
To review the position description, please click on the following link: Student Wellbeing Leader PD March 2017.pdf
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you.
Applications Close: Tuesday 2 May 2017
Permission to conduct a criminal records check, a Working with Children Check and Evidence of Australian Work Rights will be required.
If you have been a citizen or a permanent resident of a country other than Australia or have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the last 10 years, you may need to provide a copy of your international police check before an offer of employment can be made.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Kew, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-21