OverviewVilla Maria Catholic Homes Disability Support Worker x 3 (Studley Park Respite) Part Time in Kew VIC
Villa Maria Catholic Homes
Branch Kew VIC AU
Disability Support Worker x 3 (Studley Park Respite)
Villa Maria Catholic Homes is committed to working in partnership with people of all ages and abilities to help them achieve their individual goals and dreams,…
Villa Maria Catholic Homes is committed to working in partnership with people of all ages and abilities to help them achieve their individual goals and dreams, remain connected to their communities and enjoy their independence.
As an agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne, our values including respect, compassion and inclusion guide us to deliver the highest quality services to individuals of all faiths and backgrounds.
We are a Catholic, not-for-profit organisation providing residential aged care, affordable housing options, retirement living, senior support, disability, carer and education services to more than 6,500 people across Victoria and southern New South Wales.
Villa Maria Catholic Homes is seeking a Disability Support Worker to provide positive residential respite experiences for children and young adults in a safe and comfortable environment at our respite house in Kew, within Special Education & Evolving Disability Services. We have three part time positions available, with the opportunity for various fortnightly hours.
Specifically, your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide direct support and care to children and young adults including personal care, recreational activities, domestic duties, medication administration and behaviour support and other defined individual needs as set out in individual Lifestyle Plans and according to standards established by VMCH Policies and Procedures;
- Work effectively and collaboratively with other team members and on occasions independently, in an unsupervised environment, participating in decision making within the boundaries of the program; and
- Provide an environment that is focuses on each child as an individual.
You will need to demonstrate:
- Willingness and ability to assist in personal care tasks;
- Ability to work both independently and within a group setting; and
- Ability to work with children with behaviours of concern.
Villa Maria Catholic Homes is committed to being an employer of choice and provides employees with:
- A Supportive Working Environment and Workplace Culture;
- Ongoing Professional Development and Career Pathways;
- Flexible Working Arrangements;
- Purposeful and Meaningful work;
- Salary Packaging Benefits;
To review the position description, please click on the following link: Disability Support Worker Respite January 2017.pdf
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you.
Applications Close: Thursday 27 April 2017
Permission to conduct a criminal records check, screening against the Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES), A Working with Children Check and Evidence of Australian Work Rights will be required.
If you have been a citizen or a permanent resident of a country other than Australia or have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the last 10 years, you may need to provide a copy of your international police check before an offer of employment can be made.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Kew, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-13