OverviewVictorian Alcohol and Drug Association Project Officer Contract in Melbourne VIC
Victorian Alcohol and Drug Association
Branch Melbourne VIC AU
The Victorian Alcohol and Drug Association Inc. (VAADA) is a non-government peak organisation representing publicly funded Victorian alcohol and other drug
The Victorian Alcohol and Drug Association Inc. (VAADA) is a non-government peak organisation representing publicly funded Victorian alcohol and other drug (AOD) services. VAADA aims to support and promote strategies that reduce the harms associated with AOD use across the Victorian community. VAADA aims to ensure that the issues for people experiencing the harms associated with substance use and the organisations that support them are well represented in policy, program development and public discussion.
About this position VAADA is currently seeking a Project Officer to work collaboratively with the VAADA team on a range of current and emerging projects. The role is available until end June 2019 with the possibility of extension subject to performance and funding availability.
Duties included in this role:
- Assist in building sustainable relationships between AOD services and other health and community service sectors
- Represent VAADA at meetings, forums and relevant events to build relationships between VAADA and other relevant agencies
- Gather and collate information from the AOD sector and other service systems such as the mental health, Indigenous, CALD, homelessness, child & family and youth sectors
- Administration support, report development and submission.
- Facilitate VAADA member surveys to identify issues, needs and concerns in relation to VAADA and the support requirements across a range of program areas
- Assist VAADA management to establish databases and maintain cross-sector communication, including organising forums, email, internet-based and printed information
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-16