OverviewViacom International Media Networks Presentation Scheduler Full Time in Sydney NSW
Viacom International Media Networks
Branch Sydney NSW AU
VIAB, VIA), is comprised of many of the world’s most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount Channel…
Viacom International Media Networks Australia has a great opportunity for someone to join our crew as a Presentation Scheduler.
Reporting into the Director, Channel Operations and being based in our Darlinghurst offices, this role is responsible for creating commercially and editorially accurate schedules for our Viacom Channels. This includes building break formats, scheduling all interstitial and sponsorship material, the integration of music and commercial files, and the scheduling of secondary events (GFX).
The key responsibilities of the Presentation Scheduler include:
- Build skeleton Presentation schedules using channel management system to ensure that enough time has been allowed to play programmes and have the correct amount of time for breaks.
- Update and check Presentation schedule as appropriate. This is in reaction to changes of programme slots or part durations, the availability of interstitial copy such as promos or break bumpers, or compliance issues with any scheduled material.
- Insert continuity output – depending on channel requirements.
- Insert promos into Presentation schedule as detailed by the Media Plan.
- Check and download transmission schedule to transmission enabling channel to go to air successfully. Ensuring that the schedule is editorially and ACMA/ASTRA compliant.
- Compilation of As-Run schedules and programme files which accurately reflect what actually went to air.
- Ensure all commercials and sponsorship bumpers are scheduled according to the instructions from the sales house.
- Schedule GFX navigational elements. These might include bugs, clip titles, menus, pop ups etc.
The successful candidate will have:
- 2 + years in a similar role i.e. as a Presentation Scheduler or a comparable role at a competitor channel is desirable but not essential.
- Keen interest in television, with an alert, analytical mind.
- Ability to prioritise workload and keen attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work across all channels as needed.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
We’re looking for someone who loves television, is passionate about our brands and can pick up systems like no one else. If this is you then then rush your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN), a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), is comprised of many of the world’s most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount Channel, Channel 5 in the UK, VH1, VIVA, COLORS, Spike, Game One and Tr3s: MTV, Música y Más .
VIMN is one of the largest independent content providers in the Australian and New Zealand marketplace with offerings across subscription television, digital, mobile, social media, free-to-air and subscription video on demand (SVOD) services. From its Sydney headquarters, VIMN operates seven linear television networks (MTV, MTV Music, MTV Dance, MTV Music NZ, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr, Comedy Central and Spike), numerous digital platforms, recreation and live events, and Nickelodeon Viacom Consumer Products.
Viacom brands are seen globally in more than 3.2 billion households in approximately 170 territories and 40 languages via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Sydney, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-21