OverviewVestas Project Assistant Full Time in Melbourne VIC
Branch Melbourne VIC AU
We are seeking for an experienced Project Assistant with leadership qualities to join our Construction Team in Australia, to support Project Managers to deliver…
Do you want to be part of the high-paced, international work environment of Vestas, the global leader in wind energy? Your achievements will change the world’s energy mix and help preserve our planet for future generations.
We are seeking for an experienced Project Assistant with leadership qualities to join our Construction Team in Australia, to support Project Managers to deliver specified Wind Farm projects on time and budget, through accurate and timely reporting and project administration.
- Financial controlling and administration experience in complex project environment.
- Managed reporting function in major project environment.
- Worked within a project team environment.
- Experience in cross-cultural environments.
- Prepare payment claims and raise each claim according to the reported cashflow and in accordance with the contract requirements.
- Forecast cash inflows and outflows on a weekly basis with input from the Project Manager.
- Monitor the project budget to ensure all expenditures are within the allowance. In case of overspending, report to Project Manager then determine whether money needs to be requested from contingency to cover the shortfall or it can simply be covered using budget from other areas in the project.
- Forecast POC (conservatively) using the budget model with input from Project Manager and monitor on a monthly basis. Raise uncertainties as soon as foreseen.
- Collaborate future expenditure predictions from various sources then go through the details with Project Manager to get an overview where the project stands cost wise.
- Maintain builder and billing plan, ensure they are always correct (especially when SSC have touched it) and are both up to date.
- Create Purchase Orders for large items.
- Setting up Moviliser and monitor progress.
- Work with the Assistant Project Manager to ensure timely submission of documents to the client.
- Draft, finalise and submit monthly reports with input from various sources, especially the Project Manager.
- Ensure timesheets have been correctly fed into the Master file for future analysis.
- Minute the handover meeting; make sure Sales have given us all we need.
- Ensure handover documentation is well prepared before the handover meeting (i.e. as-built complete, budget clean).
- Support site when needed
- Bachelor’s Degree – Business Administration/Commerce/Accounting or other related fields
- Efficient and proactive.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Well organized and well-planned.
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Advanced MS Office skills, particularly Word, Access and Excel.
- Customer relationship skills.
- Ability to participate effectively as part of a team.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Ability to work in pressure situations.
What we offer
Vestas provides an open, respectful and global culture, competitive compensation package and long-term career development. Choose us, choose a brilliant future! To meet business growing needs, Vestas needs a lot of talents to join us.
We care and respect all employees and will offer attractive benefits which include: A broad program of on job training, A perfect platform for professional and personal development, Bonus Program, Colourful team activities and etc.
We put the emphasis on developing both personal and professional skills. In return, we expect you to go the extra mile to achieve results.
- Primary work location: Melbourne Head Office
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on wind power solutions. We design, manufacture, install and service turbines across the globe, and with more than 78 GW of wind turbines in 75 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 68 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 21,900 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Bestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-24