OverviewUrbis Technology Service Desk Team Leader Full Time in Melbourne VIC
Branch Melbourne VIC AU
Technology Service Desk Team Leader
IT. Managing and coordinating urgent and complex support issues. Work within a small IT team in a large multi-disciplinary consulting firm….
- Work within a small IT team in a large multi-disciplinary consulting firm
- Opportunity for professional growth and career development
- Lead and coach a small team
Who We Are
Urbis is a market-leading firm with the goal of shaping the cities and communities of Australia for a better future. Drawing together a network of the brightest minds, Urbis consists of practice experts, working collaboratively to deliver fresh thinking and independent advice and guidance – all backed up by real, evidence-based solutions.
Working across the areas of planning, design, policy, heritage, valuations, transactions, economics and research, the expert team at Urbis connect their clients in the public and private sectors to a better outcome, every time.
Due to our ongoing growth, we are looking for someone to join our Melbourne office and become an integral part of a close-working high performing National team. This newly created role, is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated self-starter, to lead and facilitate successful outcomes. This role will be responsible for delivering a quality user experience, by managing incidents and service requests in a timely manner. You will be comfortable to be hands on to oversee all service desk requests, including managing and triaging urgent and complex support issues. In addition, you will assume responsibility for delivery on key projects, including the development and implementation of an incident escalation process.
As the Service Desk Team Leader, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing and coordinating urgent and complex support issues.
- Acting as an escalation point for all requests and incidents.
- Develop and implementing an incident escalation process, that includes reporting of KPI’s and trends to continuously improve processes.
- Ownership of all processes to make the Service Desk the ‘single source’ of truth as the service delivery channel for ICT.
- Root cause analysis of issues, including recommendations to internal and external customers.
- Developing staff through effective coaching and mentoring, including personal and professional development opportunities.
- An ongoing commitment to professional development, specifically promoting awareness of technical and professional practices within the team.
As the Service Desk Team Leader, you will have well developed experience in an Office 365 environment, including automated deployment tools and have achieved a relevant undergraduate qualification in Information Technology or Computer Science. Additionally, you will possess the following competencies:
- Proven experience leading and managing a high performance Service Desk team
- Have an established reputation as the ‘go’ to person for advice and guidance in your area of expertise
- Demonstrated strong personal and business management skills, specifically managing projects to budget and time and managing others to do the same
- Ability to challenges existing situations and offer an alternative approach
- Proven ability to quickly build rapport with team members and clients to develop quality solutions
Working for Urbis means working with individuals who are passionate about what they do. It’s a place where you are encouraged to share your ideas in a professional but friendly office environment. To find out more about us visit our website at www.urbis.com.au/careers .
Urbis is a firm that truly values its people and provides a broad range of benefits which include a competitive remuneration package, salary continuance insurance, regular social activities, health and wellbeing programs and ongoing training and professional development opportunities.
Urbis is committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive, supports flexibility, and welcomes diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to apply?
If you are an enthusiastic candidate, with the desire to become part of a driven and highly professional team, click on “Apply for this job” or call Kylie Harris, Human Resources Manager on 03 8663 4925. Applications close Friday 12 May 2017.
Recruitment Agencies – thank you for thinking of us. We do endeavour to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible, however, if we find that we do need agency assistance, we’ll be in touch.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-24