OverviewUrbis Senior Consultant – Planning Full Time in Sydney NSW
Branch Sydney NSW AU
Senior Consultant – Planning
Urbis is a firm that truly values its people and as such, provides a broad range of benefits which include a competitive remuneration package, salary…
Urban & Strategic Planning
- Join an Australian company at the forefront of urban development
- Be truly influential in advising clients on strategic residential projects
- Great learning and career development environment
Who we are
Urbis is a market-leading firm with the goal of shaping the cities and communities of Australia for a better future. Drawing together a network of the brightest minds, Urbis consists of practice experts, working collaboratively to deliver fresh thinking and independent advice and guidance – all backed up by real, evidence-based solutions.
Working across the areas of planning, design, policy, heritage, valuations, transactions, economics and research, the expert team at Urbis connect their clients in the public and private sectors to a better outcome, every time.
The continued growth of Urbis in Sydney means we are looking for a motivated and proactive professional Senior Town Planner to join our high performing Planning team and be involved in city-shaping projects for a diverse range of private and public sector clients.
As a Senior Town Planner your responsibilities will include:
- Providing a high range of services including advice relating to land use, development capability, due diligence assessments, master plans, the approval process and management;
- Taking a hands-on approach to build trust and confidence with new and existing clients, maintain and grow strong client relationships
- Writing submissions, proposals and advice that accurately reflects the client’s needs;
- Managing small to medium size projects, including scoping and costing of projects, tracking job costs and coordinating consultants and sub-consultants, when necessary;
This role will suit a candidate with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role with a combination of the following competencies:
- Thorough understanding of statutory planning principals at the strategic and technical level and demonstrated ability to provide practical and analytical advice
- Strong organisation, communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Be passionate about producing insightful and high quality advice
- Project management skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Experience in winning and leading major assignments
- Proven work history in a Consultancy environment and relevant tertiary qualifications
Working for Urbis means working with individuals who are passionate about what they do. It’s a place where you are encouraged to share your ideas in a professional but friendly office environment. To find out more about our company visit our website at www.urbis.com.au/careers .
Urbis is a firm that truly values its people and as such, provides a broad range of benefits which include a competitive remuneration package, salary continuance insurance, regular social activities, health and wellbeing programs and ongoing training and professional development opportunities.
Urbis is committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive, supports flexibility, and welcomes diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to apply?
If you are an enthusiastic candidate, with the desire to become part of a driven and highly professional team, click on “Apply for this job” or for any questions call Maddison Butler, HR Consultant on 02 02 8233 9917. Applications close Sunday 7 May.
Urbis is committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and supports diversity and flexibility. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Sydney, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-21