OverviewUniversity Of Technology Sydney Executive Assistant and Committee Officer (Part-time) Part Time in Broadway NSW
University Of Technology Sydney
Branch Broadway NSW AU
Executive Assistant and Committee Officer (Part-time)
Broadway NSW 2007
Established for 20 years, ISF works with thought leaders in government, industry and community organisations, in Australia and internationally, to create change…
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The Institute for Sustainable Futures (ISF) undertakes game-changing sustainability research. Established for 20 years, ISF works with thought leaders in government, industry and community organisations, in Australia and internationally, to create change towards sustainable futures. Sustainability research is also a key pillar supporting UTS’s ambition to be a world-leading university of technology. Beyond a vibrant new campus in Sydney’s creative precinct, at the heart of UTS are exceptional people.
The well-known institute is currently recruiting an experienced part-timeExecutive Assistant to support the Director and provide project & administrative assistance.
- Communication support – including drafting communications for the Director, diary management and extensive email management, meeting coordination and general proactive executive assistance such as organising travel
- Secretariat Support- preparing & distributing agendas and minutes and preparing presentations
- Project assistance – coordinating multiple projects including collating, analysing and summarising data and information
- Supervising the personal assistant to the Deputy Director.
Main skills/experience required:
- Experience in the provision of high-level executive assistance and project coordination
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of secretariat and committee assistance
- Highly developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, organisational, time management and planning skills
- High level of competence in information technology, including MS Office software suite and database management
- Experience in the provision of excellent client service in a pressured & busy environment
- Advanced skills in diplomacy and the ability to demonstrate tact and sensitivity
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with colleagues and client groups
- An excellent problem solver who can display initiative, adaptability and independence.
Salary Range: $76,509 to $82,839 pa (HEW 6), this will be pro-ratad.
The university offers 9.5% employer provided superannuation. Employee benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This appointment will be on a fixed term, part time (21 hrs.) basis for 12 months as part of a job share.(Work pattern: either Tues/ Wed/ Thur or Wed/ Thu/ Fri)
How To Apply
Prior to commencing your application for IRC94098, please review the position description and the relevant selection criteria, which you are required to address in your submission in a separate document.
Please note that only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted. Current UTS employees should apply through their UTS Employee Self Service function.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing. Assistance with registering and making your application is available on our Jobs at UTS webpage.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC94098.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to Recruitment Team at [email protected] or 02 9514 1080.
Closing Date: Thursday 4th of May 2017 at 11.59pm (AEST)
We are committed to diversity and social inclusion, evidenced by our WGEA Employer of Choice citation, Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy and the UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Broadway, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-25