OverviewUniversity Of Technology Sydney Communications and Events Officer Contract in Broadway NSW
University Of Technology Sydney
Branch Broadway NSW AU
Communications and Events Officer
Broadway NSW 2007
Assist with designing innovative careers events that engage both students and employers. Experience in Communications and Event Coordination (digital marketing…
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The UTS Careers team is growing rapidly. Consisting of five teams, the Engagement Team maximizes stakeholder engagement improving the employability of UTS Students and graduates.
The UTS Careers team is actively recruiting a Communication and Events Officer to coordinate the development and implementation of communication plans promoting the UTS Careers Service and events that are available to students and employers.
- Review and evaluate the effectiveness of communication strategies using a range of appropriate outcome measures
- Coordinate all student communications, ensuring they are scheduled appropriately. This includes the fortnightly Careers eNewsletter and contributions to the University wide student newsletter
- Assist with designing innovative careers events that engage both students and employers
- Coordinate the Careers fortnightly Staff Newsletter ensuring the content and tone is appropriate to the audience
- Coordinate the Careers events calendar -communicating this with Careers staff and UTS staff as needed
- Coordinate the administration process of events, where required and prepare detailed post-event evaluation reports that identify opportunities for growth and contribute to improvement initiatives.
Main skills/experience required:
- Experience in Communications and Event Coordination (digital marketing communications is highly desirable)
- Tertiary qualification in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or similar
- Outstanding communication skills (both written and oral) including the ability to communicate effectively with students from a diverse international community
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and change the tone of communications to make sure it is consistent and appropriate for the intended audience
- Ability to perform tasks proficiently, with high attention to detail and within the organisation’s existing rules, policies and procedures.
Base Salary Range: $65,956 to $75,454 pa (HEW 5)
This role attracts 9.5% superannuation in addition to the base salary. Employee benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This appointment will be on a fixed term full time basis for a period of 12 months.
How To Apply
Prior to commencing your application for IRC94242, please review the Position Description and the relevant selection criteria – click on the apply link to be taken to the relevant page. You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document.
Please note that only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted. Current UTS employees should apply through their UTS Employee Self Service function.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC94242.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at [email protected] or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: Monday 1st May 2017 at 11.59pm (AEST)
We are committed to diversity and social inclusion, evidenced by our WGEA Employer of Choice citation, Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy and the UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Broadway, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-21