OverviewUniversity Of Technology Sydney Careers Consultant Contract in Broadway NSW
University Of Technology Sydney
Branch Broadway NSW AU
Broadway NSW 2007
Based in a newly refurbished and modern office, the Careers Consultant will enjoy career coaching, workshop facilitation, industry networking and professional…
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
Due to significant growth in the UTS Careers team, the unit is actively recruiting a Careers Consultant to assist with the development of students and graduates professional identity.
Based in a newly refurbished and modern office, the Careers Consultant will enjoy career coaching, workshop facilitation, industry networking and professional events.
Reporting to the Career Development Manager, you will educate students on a one to one basis and in groups discussing a range of career related job search topics. You will manage your own workload and priorities whilst exercising initiative and managing stakeholder and student expectations.
- Raise the profile of career development on campus through integration of career education services into academic and co-curricular programming
- Develop an annual plan for providing careers education within the faculty
- Understand and respond to career development needs of students and expectations of industry
- Design, deliver and evaluate career and co-curricular development education in the curriculum
- Provide one-on-one support to students via the UTS: Careers drop-in service and career consultations.
Main skills/experience required:
- Extensive work experience and specialist expertise in career development and graduate recruitment
- Extensive experience in facilitating and training in multiple delivery modalities (one to one, group and online)
- Ability to impart information and facilitate learning in an engaging and innovative manner
- Advanced networking skills and a passion for fostering relationships with stakeholders
- Proactive and collaborative approach.
Base Salary Range: $84,425 to $93,394 pa (HEW 7)
This role attracts 9.5% superannuation in addition to the base salary. Employee benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This appointment will be on a fixed term full-time basis for a period of 12 months.
How To ApplyPrior to commencing your application for IRC93902, please review the Position Description and the relevant selection criteria – please click the apply link to be taken to the relevant page. You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document.Please note that only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted. Current UTS employees should apply through their UTS Employee Self Service function.As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC93902.Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at [email protected] or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.Closing Date: Thursday 4th May 2017 at 11.59pm (AEST)We are committed to diversity and social inclusion, evidenced by our WGEA Employer of Choice citation, Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy and the UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Broadway, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-21