OverviewUniversity of Melbourne STUDENT ADVISOR (3 POSITIONS AVAILABLE) Contract in Parkville VIC
University of Melbourne
Branch Parkville VIC AU
STUDENT ADVISOR (3 POSITIONS AVAILABLE)
Knowledge of and ability to effectively utilize large complex databases such as CRM and student systems, coupled with sound knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook…
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Student Advisor is a member of the Stop 1 Team which sits within the Academic Services portfolio.
About the role
Student Advisors are responsible for providing first-level enrolment and course planning support, enquiry management, other daily service delivery tasks, and giving general assistance to broad student cohorts across a range of courses within a dynamic environment.
– You will have a completed or be undertaking an undergraduate qualification, with relevant experience in a customer service centric role
– Demonstrated experience and an affinity for working within the pressures of a frontline client service across a diverse, multi-cultural client base
– Demonstrated strengths in problem-solving and critical thinking, coupled with sound judgement
– Knowledge of and ability to effectively utilize large complex databases such as CRM and student systems, coupled with sound knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and strong internet search capabilities;
– Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
– Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
– Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
– The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
– A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date : 9 May 2017
Position Description & Selection Criteria*
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: 24 Apr 2017 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 09 May 2017 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Parkville, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-26