OverviewTransurban Group Group Finance Governance and Assurance Manager Contract in Victoria
Branch VIC AU
Group Finance Governance and Assurance Manager
Advising management in evaluating their processes and controls, identifying and assessing key operational, financial and compliance risks….
Reporting to the GM Finance, the Group Finance Governance and Assurance Manager leads the internal audit function for Transurban, including assurance planning, resourcing and oversight of external service providers. In addition, the role manages senior stakeholders and advises the Group’s Executives and Audit and Risk Committee on assurance and control matters.
The role is a mix of strategic and operational work. It leads the long term planning, implementation as well as day to day management of assurance activities across the Transurban Group, including working with service providers and Transurban’s businesses and functions.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing the assurance strategy and the annual internal audit plan
- Partnering with Transurban’s internal audit provider and external auditor to deliver the internal audit plan and assurance program and continue to develop the assurance function and its integration with the enterprise risk management framework
- Advising the business, its operations, technology and finance in delivering the assurance programme
- Advising management in evaluating their processes and controls, identifying and assessing key operational, financial and compliance risks
- Developing internal policies
- Assisting management in the detection and investigation of fraudulent activity
- Challenging the business with recommendations that deliver genuine improvements in control, efficiency and reduce risk;
To be successful in the role, you will need to display the following skills and attributes:
- Appropriate Tertiary degree in Business, Commerce, Finance or Information Technology;
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal skills;
- Superior report writing skills;
- Ability to liaise and negotiate across all levels of the organisation and with both third party internal and external audit teams;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Effective people management and mentoring skills;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence executive and senior business management;
- Strong leadership capability;
- Experience with business processes.
- Planning and Organisation
- Previous experience in developing, implementing and managing a business internal audit plan;
- Demonstrated ability to set goals and priorities in line with business objectives;
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills;
- Strong project management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to think, plan and act strategically;
- Strong ability to identify tasks and activities required to complete internal audit and risk reviews; and
- Ability to manage staff effectively.
Business Acumen and Technical Skills
- Sound knowledge of audit practices, standards, and methodologies;
- Experience in auditing against a set of legal or regulatory requirements;
- Knowledge of operational risk management frameworks, methodologies, policies and practices, including published risk management standards;
- Experience in assisting the business conduct risk management activities including risk identification, assessment, management, and business self assessment.
- Ability to recognise how detailed processes fit in with the strategic operations of the business; and
- Preferred previous exposure to the infrastructure / transport / information technology sectors.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Victoria, TX, US
Posted on: 2017-04-15