OverviewTransend Networks Pty Ltd Substations Engineer Full Time in Hobart TAS
Transend Networks Pty Ltd
Branch Hobart TAS AU
Hobart TAS 7000
Own and operate a telecommunications business that serves customers in the electricity industry and other industries. Full Time Contract, Secondment….
Job no: 493000
Work type: Full Time Contract, Secondment
Location: Hobart, Cambridge, TAS
Categories: Engineering, TN – Works & Service Delivery
- Full Time 2,5 years’ Fixed Term contract
- Cambridge based
To manage the operational and tactical aspects of substations and underground transmission and distribution network assets (substation assets) by contributing to and implementing the asset management strategies and programs of work.
To provide expert engineering advice and guidance to TasNetworks, its customers and stakeholders based with a detailed understanding of the needs of the asset class as part of a team which delivers effective asset management practices and utilises innovative asset management techniques.
- Being a key participant in the advancement of robust processes to optimise the flow of information from the Asset Strategy group including provision of timely feedback of any asset-related issues.
- Supporting and implementing work flow, processes and capabilities within the team to ensure the required asset management and engineering standards are adhered to.
- Transforming substation asset management plans into programs of work and routine maintenance activities.
- Delivering an ongoing customer focus with design and engineering outcomes that priorities work while balancing risk, reliability, industry best practice and cost efficiency in an environment of limited budget and significant regulatory requirements.
- Providing professional and specialist engineering advice and support to the team, other groups within TasNetworks and its stakeholders to promote the effective management of transmission and distribution network assets.
- Provide expert technical advice and keep abreast with the latest trends in the Industry.
- To develop and apply new systems, policies and procedures to meet asset engineering requirements.
- To provide an engineering mentoring role to other staff within TasNetworks.
- To ensure that the network is constructed and maintained in accordance with legislative, internal and other appropriate standards and requirements.
- Build good relationship with service providers to encourage positive and sustainable performance and commercial outcomes.
TasNetworks commenced operations on 1 July 2014. It has been formed by a merger between Aurora’s distribution network (the poles and wires) and Transend’s network (the big towers and lines). TasNetworks supplies the power from the generation source to homes and businesses through a network of transmission towers, substations and power lines We also:
- build, maintain and operate the network
- establish new connections where infrastructure does not currently exist
- respond to, and repair, outages and faults
- operate and maintain a 24-hour fault call centre
- read, replace and repair your meter
- provide education, advice and information about electrical safety
- deliver nationally accredited training to line worker apprentices, contracts and sub-contractors, local councils and civil construction organisations
- own and operate a telecommunications business that serves customers in the electricity industry and other industries.
Our vision is to be ‘Trusted by our customers to deliver today and create a better tomorrow’.
If you meet these skills and qualifications, we look forward to receiving your application. For further information about this role please contact [email protected]
TasNetworks is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity, that is, the application of merit when making decisions that affect people in the workplace.
The application of equal opportunity (also referred to as the merit principle) means that recruitment, remuneration, promotion and access to training and development will be determined on the basis of relevant skills, experience, qualifications, knowledge, aptitude and the potential for future development of the individual. This precludes the consideration of any personal characteristic or attribute that is not relevant to the inherent requirements of the job.
Download the Position Description
Advertised: 12 Nov 2015 11:00 AM Aus. Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 26 Nov 2015 9:00 AM Aus. Eastern Standard Time
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Hobart, TAS, AU
Posted on: 2015-11-19