OverviewThomas Chirnside Primary Schoo Admin Assistant – General Part Time in Victoria
Thomas Chirnside Primary Schoo
Branch VIC AU
Admin Assistant – General
TCPS has an excellent reputation in the community and is well known for high levels of achievement in academic areas, visual and performing arts, cultural, and…
Thomas Chirnside Primary School is located in the rapidly developing City of Wyndham. The school has been providing a quality education for students for the past 23 years. More than fifty percent of students travel from outside the local neighborhood area to attend the school. TCPS has an excellent reputation in the community and is well known for high levels of achievement in academic areas, visual and performing arts, cultural, and sporting activities. Students feel safe and cared for in a respectful environment. They develop understanding and tolerance of others in a culture that fosters constructive and respectful relationships.
The school and its community are proud to have been selected as a Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden school. During the past 6 years architect designed community kitchen and garden facilities have been developed for the SAKG program; and these, combined with the development of the Australian Government BER classrooms, have transformed the school environment. The attractive grounds include an extremely productive SAKG garden, and provide many varied extracurricular learning opportunities for our students.
In 2017 our school is continuing implementation an instructional framework within the highly successful Professional Learning Community (PLC) model. Working in a PLC, teachers collaboratively plan a guaranteed and viable curriculum; they monitor individual student learning; and, act at point of need to ensure that all students experience success in learning. The school provides an innovative system of intervention for all its students. Our students are provided with extra time and support to learn essential content. Those students who already know the essential content of the curriculum are provided with extension and enrichment.
SC1. Demonstrated ability to communicate efffectively with parents, visitors, staff and students.
SC2. Demonstrated experience in working in a busy office environment and establishing protocols and practices that foster a welcoming environment.
SC3. Demonstrated ability to work independently and as an effective team member, displaying initiative, accuracy, and reliability and maintaining high level confidentiality.
SC4. Demonstrated expertise in the use of CASES21, inclusive of accounts receivable and student administration.
SC5. Demonstrated high level of proficiency in the use of office software, including Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel and the ability to use other software programs .
SC6. Demonstrated commitment to professional learning and growth for both self and others.
Performs and/or supervises tasks that are carried out in accordance with guidelines, accepted practice and school policy. This may include the supervision and coordination of other education support class staff within the work area or educational program. Supervision and coordination would be limited to ensuring routine tasks are performed to required standards. Input into identifying training needs and development of education support class staff within the work area or educational program becomes an important feature at range 2.
Specialised support to achieve specific outcomes is a feature of range 2. Typically this will involve accountability for a single function, (e.g. ensuring data is properly maintained) or the operation of a work area (e.g. managing the day to day operation of a school office) under the direction of the principal or another senior manager.
Provides support to teachers and students that is beyond the routine support provided at education support class Level 1, range 1. Within an educational program assists teachers with the coordination of the support function, such as directing/organising the work of other support staff or providing a specialist support role.
Undertakes medical intervention support tasks or other specialised student/teacher support roles that require specific training that must be updated from time to time. The role is for a specific purpose for which there will be direct accountability as opposed to support roles that are carried out by a range of staff performing routine tasks under direction.
Performs technical tasks that require a sound knowledge of basic technical and/or scientific principles that are used to develop and adapt work methods and make judgements where there are clear guidelines and limited options. Routine technical support in libraries, science and information technology laboratories would be typical examples.
An education support class position supports the educational services being provided to students, but must not include duties of teaching as defined in clause 2.6.1 of the Education and Training Reform Act 2006 (Vic) or its successor. Supervision of students cannot be required except where it is an integral part of the employee’s position or involves supervision of students individually or in small groups, in controlled circumstances, where the responsibility for students remains clearly with a teacher.
Reception Duties ( Visitors and telephone inquiries)
- Communicate effectively with all members of the school community and be able to provide a high standard of client service functions.
- Provide a professional and welcoming environment to parents, students, staff and visitors to the college.
- Direct telephone and direct inquiries to the relevant staff/area.
- Ensure that all queries are dealt with in a professional and confidential manner.
Reception Duties (Student Window)
- Manage all student inquiries and direct to the relevant staff/area.
- Ensure that all queries are dealt with in a professional and confidential manner.
- Collect student payments, ensuring a strict adherence to office policies.
Student Admininstration and Finance
- Ensure that all money is receipted correctly and balances at the end of each day. Banking of all monies will be required on a regular basis.
- Maintain accurate records of payments and permissions for excursions.
- Proficiently use all aspects CASES21accounts receivable, including family receipts and payments, together with a working knowledge of sundry debtor and creditor functions.
- Produce, interpret and analyse financial reports, including family transaction history and matching transaction reports.
- Extract data from Cases 21 using the worksheet function to provide accurate reports.
- Accurately enter student enrolment data into Cases 21.
- Use Microsoft Office, Publisher and Excel to produce letters, spreadsheets and the School Newsletter in accordance with the school’s templates and guidelines.
- As directed by the Business Manager, support with the delivery of administrative requests and tasks from management and teaching staff, ensuring that a high standard of service is provided at all times.
- Purchasing of administration/cleaning requisites through the purchase order book.
- Collecting mail on a daily basis and sending mail as required.
First Aide Duties
- Provide basic first aid support to students as required and accurately record the assistance.
- Seek further assistance as necessary.
- It is expected that the successful applicant will show a commitment to ongoing professional development.
Who May Apply
Individuals with the aptitude, experience and/or qualifications to fulfill the specific requirements of the position.
EEO AND OHS Commitment
The Department values diversity and is committed to workforce diversity and equal opportunity in schools and all education workplaces. The Department recognises that the provision of family friendly, supportive, safe and harassment free workplaces is essential to high performance and promotes flexible work, diversity and safety across all schools and Department workplaces.
Child Safe Standards
Victorian government schools are child safe environments. Our schools actively promote the safety and wellbeing of all students, and all school staff are committed to protecting students from abuse or harm in the school environment, in accordance with their legal obligations including child safe standards. All schools have a Child Safety Code of Conduct consistent with the Department’s exemplar available at http://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/programs/health/protect/Pages/childsafestandards.aspx
– All staff employed by the Department and schools have access to a broad range of employment conditions and working arrangements.
– Appointment of successful applicants will be made subject to a satisfactory pre-employment conditions check.
– A probationary period may apply during the first year of employment and induction and support programs provided.
– Detailed information on all terms and conditions of employment is available on the Department’s Human Resources website at http://www.education.vic.gov.au/hrweb/Pages/default.aspx
Conditions of Employment
- All staff employed by the Department and schools have access to a broad range of employment conditions and working arrangements.
- Appointment of successful applicants will be made subject to a satisfactory pre-employment conditions check.
- A probationary period may apply during the first year of employment and induction and support programs provided.
- Detailed information on all terms and conditions of employment is available on the Department’s Human Resources website at http://www.education.vic.gov.au/hrweb/Pages/default.aspx
No job description available
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Victoria, TX, US
Posted on: 2017-04-14