OverviewThe Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network Technical Officer, Grade 1 Temporay in Westmead NSW
The Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network
Branch Westmead NSW AU
Technical Officer, Grade 1
Possess an Associate Diploma of Health Sciences (Pathology Techniques) or. Provision of accurate and timely results to all customers of the Department….
Provision of accurate and timely results to all customers of the Department.
This position is Temporary Part Time working 24 hours per week up to 13/05/2018 and is classified as a Technical Officer Grade 1.
SCHN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage all suitably qualified applicants to apply, including Indigenous Australians, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
**You may be required to work in any facility within The Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network. Should this occur, reasonable notice will be provided.**
As this is a “Category A” position, please refer to the Application Guide for vaccination requirements.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. We recognise the value of Aboriginal staff providing health care to Aboriginal children and families that access the services we provide at the Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network. Aboriginal job applicants are encouraged to visit the NSW Health Aboriginal Recruitment tool, Stepping Up to assist in preparing your application.
T his position requires a Working with Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Commission for Children and Young People. For more information on how to apply for the clearance, please visit the Commission and Young People Website https://check.kids.nsw.gov.au/
1. Possess an Associate Diploma of Health Sciences (Pathology Techniques) or
2. Good verbal and written communication skills.
3. Ability to work as a team member.
4. Previous experience in a hospital/pathology laboratory is desirable but not essential.
5. Previous experience in a biochemistry laboratory, especially one dealing with paediatric samples, is desirable but not essential.
6. Experience with laboratory computer systems is desirable but not essential.
7. Experience with techniques in biochemistry: automated chemistry/immunoassay analysers is essential
8. Experience with HPLC and LCMS is desirable
This position requires a Working With Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Office of the Children’s Guardian. For more information on how to apply for the clearance, please visit the Office of the Children’s Guardian website www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/Working-with-children/working-with-children-check
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Westmead, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-24