OverviewThe Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network PG Fellow 0.5 FTE Temporay in Westmead NSW
The Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network
Branch Westmead NSW AU
PG Fellow 0.5 FTE
*You may be required to work in any facility within The Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network. Clinical care of patients with kidney disease and hypertension…
Clinical care of patients with kidney disease and hypertension including those with CRF, ESRF and transplantation in inpatient, outpatient and consultative capacity. Participating in the multidisciplinary team and contributing to the hospital in areas including research and teaching.
The position of Post Graduate Fellow in Nephrology will ensure that
- Clinical Services are focused on delivering excellent clinical care to children and supporting their families.
- Research and teaching is undertaken and focused on the area of Paediatric Nephrology in its broadest scope.
This is a 12 month 0.5FTE post graduate clinical position in one of the largest paediatric nephrology divisions in Australia. It offers broad experience in a multidiscplinary team and provides time for pursuit of post graduate research training in addition to fulfilling the 0.5FTE clinical load of this position. It is desgned as a training position for future staff specialist postion and carries these responsibilities. It may be extended if suitable funding is available for a further two years. It will also include a University of Sydney commitment.
This position is Temporary Part Time working 20 hours per week up to 03/09/2018 and is classified as a Post Graduate Fellow.
SCHN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage all suitably qualified applicants to apply, including Indigenous Australians, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
**You may be required to work in any facility within The Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network. Should this occur, reasonable notice will be provided.**
As this is a “Category A” position, please refer to the Application Guide for vaccination requirements.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. We recognise the value of Aboriginal staff providing health care to Aboriginal children and families that access the services we provide at the Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network. Aboriginal job applicants are encouraged to visit the NSW Health Aboriginal Recruitment tool, Stepping Up to assist in preparing your application.
This position requires a Working with Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Commission for Children and Young People. For more information on how to apply for the clearance, please visit the Commission and Young People Website https://check.kids.nsw.gov.au/
1. Able to be registered as a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians in either Paediatric Nephrology, or other specialist recognition as provided for in the Salaried Senior Medical Practitioners Award. Eligibility for medical registration in NSW.
2. High level of communication skills and demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
3. Training and experience in the management of all paediatric renal and hypertensive disorders.
4. Training and experience in the care of children requiring haemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis and plasma exchange.
5. Training and experience in the management of children requiring renal transplants.
6. Familiarity with all renal imaging modalities.
7. Training and experience in the performance of renal biopsies.
8. Enrolment or completion of a higher degree ie Masters or PhD
This position requires a Working With Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Office of the Children’s Guardian. For more information on how to apply for the clearance, please visit the Office of the Children’s Guardian website www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/Working-with-children/working-with-children-check
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Westmead, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-24