OverviewThe Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network Level 1/2 Orthoptist Temporay in Westmead NSW
The Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network
Branch Westmead NSW AU
Level 1/2 Orthoptist
*You may be required to work in any facility within The Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network. Providing orthoptic assessment to inpatients and outpatients at the…
Providing orthoptic assessment to inpatients and outpatients at the Children’s Hospital.
Improve knowledge and understanding in paediatric orthoptics and ophthalmology.
Contribute to a team environment and make clinical decisions as required.
An orthoptic position is available at The Children’s Hospital Westmead for 3 days a week. This role would involve assessing children’s vision and working alongside a team of orthoptists and ophthalmologists. For a full position description as well as where to apply please refer to the NSW Health website.
This position is Temporary Part Time working 16 hours per week up to 11/05/2018 and is classified as an Orthoptist Level 1/2.
SCHN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage all suitably qualified applicants to apply, including Indigenous Australians, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
**You may be required to work in any facility within The Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network. Should this occur, reasonable notice will be provided.**
As this is a “Category A” position, please refer to the Application Guide for vaccination requirements.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. We recognise the value of Aboriginal staff providing health care to Aboriginal children and families that access the services we provide at the Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network. Aboriginal job applicants are encouraged to visit the NSW Health Aboriginal Recruitment tool, Stepping Up to assist in preparing your application.
This position requires a Working with Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Commission for Children and Young People. For more information on how to apply for the clearance, please visit the Commission and Young People Website https://check.kids.nsw.gov.au/
1. Hold a Bachelor/Masters in Orthoptics or equivalent
2. Eligibility for membership to the Orthoptic Association of Australia and the Australian Orthoptic Board.
3. Demonstrated keenness and ability to work with children and their families.
4. Previous experience or clinical placement in a paediatric ophthalmic setting that has allowed the application of theory to practice with reference to paediatric ophthalmic disorders.
5. Demonstrated willingness to work with other professionals as part of overall patient care.
6. Ability and willingness to work independently but to seek guidance where appropriate.
7. Experience working as part of a team.
8. Excellent written and verbal communication skills including computer skills – familiarity with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and relevant email platform
This position requires a Working With Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Office of the Children’s Guardian. For more information on how to apply for the clearance, please visit the Office of the Children’s Guardian website www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/Working-with-children/working-with-children-check
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Westmead, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-24