OverviewThe Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network Cardiac Research Assistant Temporay in Westmead NSW
The Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network
Branch Westmead NSW AU
Cardiac Research Assistant
*You may be required to work in any facility within The Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network. This role will participate and support research projects in the…
This role will participate and support research projects in the field of genetics and congenital heart disease, to help achieve the aims and goals of the research being undertaken.
The Cardiac Research team, within Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network, is looking for a Research Assistant to join the Kids Heart Research team. The scope of this role incorporates both clinical and basic laboratory research skills. The ideal candidate will be motivated, highly organised, and the ability to work well within a team.
This position is Temporary Part Time (16 hours) for one year, pending additional funding to extend. The position is classified as a Admin Officer Level 5.
This role sits within a team of over 130 cardiologists, surgeons, nurses, researchers and other staff who diagnose and treat over 4,500 babies and children with congenital heart disease each year, and who run a world-class research programme.
SCHN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage all suitably qualified applicants to apply, including Indigenous Australians, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
**You may be required to work in any facility within The Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network. Should this occur, reasonable notice will be provided.**
As this is a “Category A” position, please refer to the Application Guide for vaccination requirements.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. We recognise the value of Aboriginal staff providing health care to Aboriginal children and families that access the services we provide at the Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network. Aboriginal job applicants are encouraged to visit the NSW Health Aboriginal Recruitment tool, Stepping Up to assist in preparing your application.
See www.heartcentreforchildren.com.au for more information.
1. B.Sc (Hons) degree or equivalent with major in biology or a related field.
2. Proven ability to work independently and within a multidisciplinary team.
3. An understanding of genetics and Cardiovascular health (desirable).
4. Experience with data collection and processing, including proficiency using Microsoft Office products.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of research ethics and confidentiality issues and compliance.
6. Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
7. Experience in biomedical research or clinical trials (highly regarded).
8. Demonstrated experience with basic laboratory tasks such as DNA extraction and processing.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Westmead, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-24