OverviewThe Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network Administrative officer Part Time in Westmead NSW
The Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network
Branch Westmead NSW AU
Relevant administrative experience in a health care setting, including familiarity with medical terminology….
This position is to provide administrative support for a busy clinician/pathologist and the laboratory staff of the Immunology Laboratory. This includes management of patient records, telephone enquiries, word processing, patient appointment bookings, use of databases, electronic medical records and laboratory information systems, general filing and administrative support for laboratory processes including data entry for laboratory samples.
This position would suit an organised, flexible individual with the ability to work well as part of a team.
This position is Permanent Part Time working 20 hours per week and is classified as an Administrative Officer Level 2.
Please note: To be eligible for permanent appointment to a position in NSW Health, you must have an Australian citizenship or permanent Australian residency.
SCHN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage all suitably qualified applicants to apply, including Indigenous Australians, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
**You may be required to work in any facility within The Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network. Should this occur, reasonable notice will be provided.**
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. We recognise the value of Aboriginal staff providing health care to Aboriginal children and families that access the services we provide at the Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network. Aboriginal job applicants are encouraged to visit the NSW Health Aboriginal Recruitment tool, Stepping Up to assist in preparing your application.
1. Relevant administrative experience in a health care setting, including familiarity with medical terminology
2. Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills, including well-developed telephone skills and the ability to deal confidently and courteously with people at all levels
3. Demonstrated high level of organisational and administrative skills including the ability to prioritise workload and problem solve
4. Demonstrated high level attention to detail
5. Capacity to work independently under broad supervision and to undertake a diverse range of tasks as an effective member of a team
6. Demonstrated high level information technology experience, including Microsoft software (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point) and other databases/systems (preferably including Patient Management, Powerchart and Pathnet)
7. Experience in preparation of written correspondence such as reports, agendas and minutes
8. Proven ability to learn new tasks / systems quickly and efficiently
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Westmead, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-24