OverviewThe AFL Development Coordinator – Sydney City Full Time in New South Wales
Branch NSW AU
Development Coordinator – Sydney City
New South Wales
Qualifications Sports Coaching / Management, Recreation, Education or equivalent depth of experience. It is AFL NSW ACT’s vision that participation growth…
It is AFL NSW ACT’s vision that participation growth continues to build, assisted by a strong club network with an enhanced focus on engaging female, multicultural and indigenous communities. Specifically this position will:
- Through a targeted approach implement AFL programs to gain maximum participation levels at AFL Auskick, School and AFL 9s
- Focus on driving transition of participants into community club environments
- Be a positive presence for the AFL brand within the ACT region that delivers outcomes to all stakeholders
Reports to: Participation Manager – Sydney/Illawarra
Number of Direct Reports: 1 x trainees and a casual workforce of approximately 10 Development Officers
Other Key Stakeholders:
- AFL NSW ACT Program Managers
- AFL NSW ACT Football Operations
- Local Government
- Community Clubs
- Community Groups
- Ensure acquisition, retention and conversion of participants through delivery of relevant AFL programs with relevant communities.
- Deliver and ensure the best quality customer experience across all football and fan engagement programs.
- Maintain quality control of Development activities under their supervision.
- Work with Community clubs to build sustainable clubs, including providing support around volunteer recruitment, club governance and club strategic planning.
- Increase the quality of commitment of teachers involved in the School Ambassador Program including the identification of training needs.
- Recruit, train and deploy staff in line with AFL values.
- Analyse participation trends and customer needs to influence key outcomes.
- Conduct a range promotional activities and clinics in community settings to increase relationships with key stakeholders
- Assist with the organisation and promotion of AFL 9s for seasonal, University and lunch competitions.
- Support a range of activities with the Sydney Swans Football club
- Budget responsibility for program delivery and casual staff within the sub region
Candidate Background / Profile
We seek to hire talented and passionate people who are committed to working in a high performance culture. Working at the AFL is a way of life not a career and we aim to hire the right candidates to ensure the future success of our game both on and off the field.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
Key Competencies (Skills)
• Compelling & influential communicator
• Develops others
• Builds partnerships
• Establishes strategic direction
• Results and performance driven
• Customer/Client centric
• Performance management
• Personal effectiveness
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience working with children and young people
- Well-developed verbal and written communication, interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to effectively manage a diverse and extensive portfolio of projects concurrently
- Satisfactory “Working with Children” check or ability to obtain
- Due to the nature of the sporting industry must be willing to work outside normal business hours from time to time such as evenings and weekends.
- Demonstrated personal initiative and ability to work effectively unsupervised
- Qualifications Sports Coaching / Management, Recreation, Education or equivalent depth of experience
- Minimum Level One AFL Coaching and Umpiring Accreditation or ability to obtain
- Driver’s License
- Demonstrated ability to relate to and engage diverse communities
- Experience working with volunteers
- Sound knowledge of AFL or other relevant sporting environment
- Good understanding of the football network in the region
- Ability and experience in leading groups to achieve positive outcomes
Applications close: Friday 28 April
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-21