OverviewTelstra Technical Specialist – 12 Month Fixed Term Contract in Melbourne VIC
Branch Melbourne VIC AU
Technical Specialist – 12 Month Fixed Term
Managed Services 24X7 Shift Network Operations Control Centre. The successful candidate will record, co-ordinate and, in some instances execute planned network…
This role is for a Technical Specialist in the Radio and Emergency Managed Services 24X7 Shift Network Operations Control Centre.
The primary function of the role will be to provide incident resolution, communications and jeopardy management as part of a high performance team who deliver excellent customer experience for Contracted Managed Radio & Emergency Services customers. Working to meet customer SLA targets you will also be an escalation point for customer specific incidents engaging Subject Matter Experts and Major Incident Management as required.
Emergency Alert (EA) is a phone warning system used by emergency service organisations to send alerts to communities either on their fixed or mobile phone. Telstra provides access to EA to authorised Emergency Government agencies, such as the Metro and Rural Fire Associations, Police and State Emergency Services (SES). These messages are part of a government initiative to help Australians prepare and be informed about situations that could be life threatening, such as fire, floods, extreme weather events and other natural disasters.
- The focus of this role will be to provide 24/7 incident response and restoration across the Radio and Emergency Managed Services Networks. Under limited supervision, the successful candidate will drive jeopardy management and resolution of Customer and Networks impacting incidents.
- Ensure that the communication of events is timely and accurate, and that the strategies applied to resolve the incidents is timely, effective and aligns with meeting defined Customer Service Level (SLA) targets.
- Identify areas of required improvement and make recommendations to the appropriate Network Manager or Technology Leader to help drive an improved customer experience.
- The successful candidate will record, co-ordinate and, in some instances execute planned network changes.
- Assist in providing technical support in the investigation and rectification of complex incidents.
- Strive for performance improvement through prioritisation, jeopardy management and application of first in fix guidelines.
- Manage all enquires and maintain customer information in systems and processes, including reporting systems as specified in the relevant contracts. Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
- Maintain and develop customer relationships and be pro-active in your approach to managing customer service. Focus on delighting customers and being world-class.
- Responsible for connecting, disconnecting and inhibiting radios, including appropriate configurations for agencies in the relevant Network Management System.
- Provide skilled and effective customer assurance support to customers to deliver the highest levels of service experience.
- Manage the notification of real time change management activities and outages to all Emergency Service Agencies as per contract in a timely and professional manner. Responsible for the implementation of correct escalation procedures in relation to Network faults and outages.
- Ensure consistent communication of all outages are completed in a timely and professional manner as per customer contracts.
- Responsible for producing weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports including statistics and graphs.
- Strive to represent industry best practice, and to reflect relevant professional standards, quality standards and relevant Telstra operating principles, policies and corporate values.
Key Technical Skills
- Well-developed understanding of Radio Technologies [P25, RoIP, MPT1327]
- Sound understanding of ITIL & ISO9001 Quality Management principles
- P25, MPT1327 experience, Radio over IP experience a bonus.
- A good understanding of the principles of incident management and its role in the ITIL Service Management model.
- You should understand the principles of ISO9001 Quality Management and its role in the Service Management model.
- Technical Diploma level qualifications or equivalent experience / on the job training.
It’s no secret we will expect a lot from you. But like any good relationship, we give a lot back. What you’ll probably appreciate the most is the amazingly diverse and talented group of colleagues you’ll work with, who’ll support your development and with whom you’ll achieve great things
We work flexibly at Telstra. Talk to us about how this job could be flexible for you.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-23