OverviewTelstra SENIOR DATA ANALYST Full Time in Melbourne City Centre VIC
Branch Melbourne City Centre VIC AU
SENIOR DATA ANALYST
Melbourne City Centre VIC
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an analytics or business analysis role. Establishing, developing and maintaining strong working relationships and engagement…
Group Internal Audit (GIA) is the internal audit function of Telstra Corporation Limited (Telstra), and acts as Telstra’s ‘third line of defence’ within the Telstra Risk Management Framework. GIA provides Telstra’s Board of Directors and management with independent and objective assurance on the comprehensiveness and effectiveness of Telstra’s governance, risk management and internal control processes.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to one of the General Managers, within Group Internal Audit, you will be responsible for the delivery of high quality data analytics to enhance GIA planning and audit delivery.
SOME OF THE SPECIFICS AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Contributing to and supporting the GIA Leadership Team in providing quality internal audit services in accordance with the GIA Charter.
- Under the supervision of the Data Analytics Senior Manager, GIA delivering high quality risk based internal audits focussed on the risks that really matter to Telstra in accordance with the GIA methodology and data analytics practices.
- Using analytical and visualisation software to access, transform, integrate, analyse and visualise large, disparate volumes of data to help identify key issues and opportunities and gain critical insights quickly.
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships and engagement with Telstra’s Big Data / Information Community / Business Intelligence Centre of Excellence / etc to understand and leverage (as appropriate) existing data, tools and analytics programs.
- Establishing, developing and maintaining strong working relationships and engagement with business contacts to understand Telstra’s strategic and business objectives, the current and emerging risks to the achievement of those objectives and help enhance the ability of our business contacts to use and interpret data.
- Contributing to ensuring GIA’s strong and valued profile across Telstra.
- Actively participating in the broader Finance & Strategy community.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Tertiary qualified in Mathematics, Statistics, Information Technology, Computer Science or any other speciality where the candidate has used and worked with data.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an analytics or business analysis role.
- A passion for working with data and learning new methodologies, applications and skills for analysis.
- Able to hypothesise, analyse and draw conclusions from a variety of data sources and perform in-depth analysis.
- A demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely present data, conclusions, and recommendations such that they bring insight.
- Technical skills in the use of data manipulation, reporting, business intelligence and data visualization packages including advanced Excel/VBA/Macros/Powerpoint, MS Access and other tools (e.g. Lavastorm, R, SQL, SAS, SPSS, Alteryx, Tableau, TIBCO Spotfire, Qlikview).
- ERP systems knowledge e.g. SAP, Oracle.
- Knowledge of Big Data frameworks and tools, machine learning and predictive modelling would be highly regarded.
- Audit/Advisory/Business experience in a major corporate or chartered accounting firm.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Clear thinking/analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal savvy.
- Understanding of the Telecommunications industry will be looked upon favourably.
Please see attached Success Profile for more information on the role.
Data Analytics Senior Auditor Success Profile – Group Internal Audit (002).docx
SOUNDS LIKE YOU?
If you have the drive and passion for delivering a brilliant, memorable and unique customer experience, and are excited by the opportunity to be part of a team where you’re trusted to deliver, empowered to achieve, and developed to reach your full potential – this could be the perfect role for you!
So what are you waiting for? It’s time to connect to a future created by you.
We work flexibly at Telstra. Talk to us about how this job could be flexible for you.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-20