OverviewTelstra GIS Specialist Full Time in Sydney NSW
Branch Sydney NSW AU
Expert working knowledge of telecommunications. Telstra Operations brings together our….
Telstra Operations brings together our networks, technology, services groups, and information technology operations into one single unit to drive Telstra’s network and technology excellence
A new Senior Opportunity has been created within Networks as part of the Strategy and Business Development team to provide expert leadership across Fixed & Data Access Engineering for the development of a GIS environment and framework in the network planning and design environment
This is an outstanding opportunity to deliver your vision and improve outcomes for F&DE and across the broader Networks group.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, Access Planning, your key responsibilities will include:
- Applying GIS capability to the network planning functions and associated inventory systems, including complex investigations into network systems
- Identifying opportunities where GIS will benefit works being done in Area Planning and design, other planning & design groups in F&DAE, and the broader Networks group where appropriate
- Providing expert leadership across F&DAE for the development of a GIS environment and framework for the network planning and design functions
- Developing GIS tools to assist planners optimise capex and propex spend in order to meet customer demand, regulatory obligations and commercial deliverables
- Developing, driving and implementing initiatives using other resources as required
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, increasing collaboration to improve efficiency in the network planning functions
To secure this opportunity, you will need:
- Expert working knowledge of telecommunications infrastructure planning, design, construction and operations
- Understanding of the Access Network, Network Planning and deployment processes
- A demonstrated ability to identify opportunities to improve outcomes and deliver results
- Demonstrated leadership and stakeholder engagement skills
- Understanding of GIS systems, tool development, and data set manipulation
- Sound knowledge of telecommunications, current and emerging network technology and future market trends
We work flexibly at Telstra – talk to us about how this job could be flexible for you.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Sydney, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-20