OverviewTelstra Field Service Specialist – Fixed Term 2 Years Contract in Gold Coast QLD
Branch Gold Coast QLD AU
Field Service Specialist – Fixed Term 2 Years
Gold Coast QLD
Sound knowledge of best practice approaches to Compliance and Risk operations and concepts. Are you passionate about the telco industry?…
Are you passionate about the telco industry? Do you have a strong telco or trade background with a good understanding of reading technical documents? Are you seeking an interesting role? then we would like to hear from you.
Telstra’s NBN Delivery team has recently been engaged to plan, design and construct the HFC network. As a result we are looking for a number of experienced Field Service Specialists to join the newly established NBN HDA Downstream Program on a 2 year fixed term contract based in Brisbane metro, Gold Coast and Logan City.
The successful candidate will be part of a high performing team delivering against specific targets (internal and external) to support the delivery of NBN Co’s Multi Technology Mix (MTM) Network, assisting in ensuring the framework for Risk and Compliance across nbn Delivery and its external suppliers is in place to meet the requirements under the various nbn commercial agreements and incorporating monitoring of all field validation and constructions activities, maintaining an up-to-date program status and ensuring all projects align with defined schedules.
You be using your auditing skills you will undertake field audits of HSEQ using Telstra an nbn co systems and report on your findings. Additionally you will analyse HSEQ inspection data, investigate trending issues, analyse root causes and develop compliance improvements.
As a key member of the Field Services team you will provide business and commercial support required for decision-making and driving the strategic direction of the business. You will also act as a catalyst for change programs and process improvement initiatives as well as drive and coordinate an assigned portfolio of activities across the Compliance and Risk Management area.
Ensure Network damages, faults, outages and customer complaints are appropriately managed through to effective resolution by the MIMA Delivery Partners.
Critical to your success in the role will be your ability to identify stakeholder engagement requirements and to develop strong internal and external stakeholder relationships.
Telstra’s NBN Delivery team plays an important role in developing the approach to transitioning to an NBN world. As part of this growing role, NBN Delivery has been engaged to deploy NBN’s HFC Network.
- Field monitoring of the program of works schedule to ensure planned deliverable dates are continually met or exceeded.
- Conduct Health, Safety Environment & Quality audits in conjunction with our business and delivery partners.
- Conduct incident investigations, report findings and recommend corrective actions.
- Monitor HSEQ performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports in close co-operation with the internal customers and stakeholders.
- Assist in the development of frameworks to support various risk and compliance elements across the group.
- Drive ongoing operational performance and continual improvement.
- Promoting HSE compliance, quality assurance and risk management to ensure that a rigorous risk review process is adhered to.
- Assist in the development of HSEQ procedures in conjunction with our operational staff, managing and maintaining controls and documentation procedures as may be required.
- Participate in cross-functional teams supporting the design, development and deployment of analysis and programs of work to deliver business improvements.
- Sound knowledge of best practice approaches to Compliance and Risk operations and concepts.
- Proven ability to implement business objectives through measurable and actionable plans
- Contribute to the preparation of presentation packs to stakeholders as required.
- Contribute to process and system development to ensure the company’s evolving corporate objectives are met.
- Undertake other work as reasonably directed
Experience required to perform the role effectively:
- Qualification in Quality Auditing & Assessment
- Experience and or understanding in incident investigations and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in construction HSEQ would be beneficial
- Medium level analysis and reporting skills
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of state and territory HS&E legislation.
- Demonstrated ability to assess risk across the business area and implement controls
- Demonstrated ability to Implement systems to monitor that controls are in place
- Basic computer and systems knowledge
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Current drivers licence
- Previous experience managing small field based projects
- Supervision of trade staff would be an advantage
If you feel that you possess the above and also the skills and experience outlined, we would like to speak with you. “Apply Now” with an up to date CV and application letter. We work flexibly at Telstra. Talk to us about how this job could be flexible for you.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Gold Coast, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-18