Employment Type: Freelance
Posted on: 2017-04-16
Talent International Data Modeller Contract in New South Wales
Branch NSW AU
New South Wales
Provide support and quality assurance (QA) to the development of the Enterprise Search Model; Support the quality assurance (QA) of the Data Migration Services…
6 months contract with a view to extend
Competitive daily rates.
Data Analyst / Modeller will be responsible to provide high quality professional data analysis and design services. Analysis of the data models, data definitions and data standards, and development of data transformations and common information models for the solution.
- Analyse the current and target state conceptual and logical data models, processes, standards, classifications and terminologies;
- Develop segments of the data model, including data definitions, applicable standards, terminologies, classifications and transformations to support file and message based data exchange;
- Develop data transformations ,validate data elements and data domain mapping to support system interoperability;
- Develop interface data specifications and transformation designs to address the solution architecture;
- Support the quality assurance (QA) of the Data Migration Services Vendor’s implementation of data transformations;
- Provide support and quality assurance (QA) to the development of the Enterprise Search Model;
- Identify data and system dependencies associated with data migration and alignment;
- Participate as required in team and project meetings/workshops;
- Assist the Data Migration Services team in supporting data profiling, analysis, and cleansing and data quality activities associate with data migration.
- Analysing existing data and supporting the functional design for data migration and data synchronisation;
- Providing mappings between source system and the target solution components, based on defined data standards; and developing test plans
Criteria and Experience:
- Experience working in government in a data analysis role;
- Over 5 years’ experience as Information/Data Analyst role or similar;
- Demonstrated ability to think logically as well as creatively, to develop data models and data definitions, standards, terminology and classifications that are representative of business domains;
- Experience in case management, customer relationship management (CRM) or similar product configuration and/or custom development desirable;
- Foundation in data analysis and systems development lifecycles (SDLC), including requirements analysis, design, and test techniques;
- Experience in developing common information models, including data definitions and transformations;
- Experience and understanding, as well as development of data dictionaries and terminologies;
- Experience with data integration concepts and extract, transform and load (ETL) tools, especially Informatica PowerCentre;
- Experience in data and information modelling and usage of associated notations and tools, such as E-R diagrams, UML diagrams, Enterprise Architect, System Architect and XML tools;
- Experience in documenting data definitions in XML, XSD as well as JSON;
- Experience in testing of data-related solution components, including data migration;
- Demonstrable experience in working in agile teams;
- Experience in providing documentation to a high standard, such as data definitions, data descriptions and interface definitions; and
- Experience in office productivity tools such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and Visio.
If you would be interested in this role please submit your application in Word format only by clicking the “APPLY NOW” button below or firstname.lastname@example.org.