OverviewSydney Local Health District Telephonist (Level 2) F/T Full Time in New South Wales
Sydney Local Health District
Branch NSW AU
Telephonist (Level 2) F/T
New South Wales
Demonstrated experience in assisting the public, staff and clients in a high volume telephonist duties. This embeds concepts of patient and family centred care,…
To answer incoming and outgoing calls at a major hospital site.
Perform paging of emergency groups for e.g. Cardiac arrest and trauma groups.
Required to perform routine clerical duties
Provide an effective, efficient, timely and courteous service to Patients, Visitors, the public and staff.
The SLHD vision is “To Achieve Excellence in Healthcare for All” . This embeds concepts of patient and family centred care, equity, health improvement, timeliness and efficiency, recognising that evidence-based service delivery requires highly skilled and valued staff supported by research, education and state-of-the-art technologies.
The SLHD goals focus on patients, staff, community and the need for excellence in services, education, research and organisational support. Central to the District’s workplace culture are the “CORE Values” articulated by the NSW Ministry of Health in our Code of Conduct. As an employee of SLHD you will be expected to uphold and promote these important CORE Values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment which inform every aspect of the District’s activities. These CORE values build upon the public sector values of integrity, trust, service and accountability.
For more information please go to:
SLHD is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disability are encouraged to apply for all internal and externally advertised positions. If you require assistance, please advise the contact person at the time of your application.
An opportunity exists to work on a busy Switch board at the major teaching facility, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Camperdown. This position is ideal for someone interested in telephone customer service and wishing to embark on a career in Health.
1. Proficiency in computerised systems such as MS Excel & Powerchart
2. Efficient operation of hospital switchboards and paging systems.
3. Demonstrated experience in assisting the public, staff and clients in a high volume telephonist duties.
4. Ability to provide assistance in a polite, clear, well-spoken and calm manner in all circumstances.
5. Ability to manage multiple tasks in an organised manner.
6. Ability to work on a rotating roster 24/7.
7. Ability to work within a team environment with little or no supervision.
8. Maintain confidentially of patient enquiries and CADS directory.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-24