OverviewSquash Australia Accounts Internship Internship in Brisbane QLD
Branch Brisbane QLD AU
Focus on commercial projects and financial outcomes; Actively participate in projects related to improving efficiencies and business results:….
With a successful start to 2014 Commonwealth Games, winning three medals! Squash Australia is delighted to announce a six-month Accounting internship. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a vibrant sporting organisation with a medal focus.
Our Internship scheme provides an excellent opportunity for graduates or university students wishing to pursue a career within the sports industry to gain valuable practical work experience in a challenging and rewarding sporting environment, providing a great stepping stone!
Squash Australia works with its stakeholders across the country to increase participation, improve the quality of the sporting experience for participants. We have recently launched our new strategy which will champion Squash as a ‘Sport for Life’.
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
JOB BASED: Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
- Focus on commercial projects and financial outcomes;
- Analyse and report on programmes and projects across the organisation;
- Assist in drafting balance/general balance reconciliation statements and justifications of accounts within the required deadlines, ensuring that the cut-off dates of the accounting periods are met;
- Assist in ensuring that the organisation’s accounting procedures and principles are properly applied;
- Assist with managing reporting tasks to internal and external stakeholders;
- Actively participate in projects related to improving efficiencies and business results:
- Other duties as assigned.
- A passion for sport;
- A background in accounting or finance;
- Ideally Masters student or experience;
- Excellent Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills;
- Flexibility and desire to take on any task to ‘make it happen’;
- Passion, or the willingness to become immersed in work
- The ability to set priorities and meet deadlines;
- Strong communication skills;
- Excellent written English skills;
- Can do attitude.
This job description is not exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation.
For further information, please visit http://squash-australia.com/opportunities/site/home .
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Drivers Licence
- Working with children check
Employment Type: Internship
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-13