OverviewSpotless Electrician – Darling Downs Full Time in Queensland
Branch QLD AU
Electrician – Darling Downs
General electrical installations and building maintenance. Spotless is the lead contractor to provide Estate Maintenance and Operation Services (EMOS) to the…
At SPOTLESS we employ over 36,000 people in Australia and New Zealand within a variety of roles. We provide expertise tailored to key industry sectors that include Health, Business & Industry, Resources, Defence, PPP, Leisure, Sport & Entertainment, Laundries, Education and Government.
We’re passionate about finding better ways of doing things. For our customers. And for you.
Find out more at www.spotless.com.au
Spotless is the lead contractor to provide Estate Maintenance and Operation Services (EMOS) to the Department of Defence in Queensland. As lead contractor within the region we deliver a suite of services to support Defence capability.
We currently have opportunities for self-motivated, reliable Electrical Trade staff. The tradesperson/technician, under limited direction, will be required to deliver preventative and responsive maintenance services to electrical systems and equipment.
In your role you will deliver a range of services including but not limited to:
- Deliver preventative and responsive maintenance to electrical systems and equipment as prescribed by the EMOS contract including but not limited to;
- LV Reticulation systems,
- Distribution Boards,
- Emergency and Exit Lighting Systems,
- Photovoltaic Systems
- Power Generation Systems
- General electrical installations and building maintenance.
- Earthing Systems
- Actively manage and meet response times, deadlines and safety obligations
- Provide technical advice in support of Alternative Proposals / Equipment Replacement programs
- Represent the business appropriately in all dealings with external and internal contacts
- Provide ideas and support innovation
- Contribute to condition assessments throughout the course of duties
Our front of house staff is the face of Spotless and plays a pivotal role in delivering the service commitment we have made to our clients.
Skills and Experience
- Suitability for Defence security clearance (Australian Citizenship Mandatory)
- Qualified Tradesperson – Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician (or equivalent)
- Current QLD Electrical Work Licence – Electrical Fitter / Mechanic
- Advantage to trades having a variety of experience with a minimum 3-5 years’ experience post trade within a commercial and maintenance environment.
- Current qualification in CPR and LV Rescue
- Current qualification and experience with installing and maintaining electrical equipment in hazardous areas. (Highly desirable)
- Current qualification and experience with High Voltage Isolation and Access (Highly desirable)
- Current General Construction Induction (White) Card
- Current Working at Heights qualification preferred
- Current first aid certificate preferred
- Valid driver’s licence with no restrictions
- Experience in responding to and satisfying customer requests
The successful candidates will possess a strong work ethic, achieve highest level of safety, quality of work and have a genuine passion for excellent customer service.
Benefits and Culture
- Supportive and inclusive culture
- A professional and safe working environment
- Good employee benefits and entitlements
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable company, work with an amazing team where you will be given the opportunity to develop your career.
To apply online please click the ‘apply’ button below.
Please note: As a pre-requisite for these roles all candidates need to be able to prove they are an Australian Citizen and may need to hold a current Australian Drivers Licence. Candidates will also be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug screen as well as an Australian Security Defence Clearance Check.
Spotless is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Indigenous Australians to apply.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-21