OverviewSouth Eastern Sydney Local Health District Registered Nurse – 2 West and Hand Clinic Full Time in New South Wales
South Eastern Sydney Local Health District
Branch NSW AU
Registered Nurse – 2 West and Hand Clinic
New South Wales
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following…
South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) is committed to improving the care provided to our patients in line with our vision of Working together to improve the health and wellbeing of our community.
All staff are expected to act as an appropriate and effective role model and promote culture and supporting practices that reflect the NSW Health CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment through demonstrated behaviours and interactions with patients, clients and employees.
The Registered Nurse coordinates and delivers high quality nursing care to Hand; ENT;
Ophthalmology and medical patients of the Sydney/Sydney Eye Hospital consistent with SES LHD
policies, procedures and standards
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
1. Current registration as a Registered Nurse/Midwife with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia
2. Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to identify key messages, issues and concerns when communicating with others
3. Demonstrated ability to proactively engage with patients/clients to enhance service delivery and to guide others in providing service excellence
4. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and apply professional and ethical boundaries when dealing with complex situations
5. Basic computer skills and proven ability to use health information systems
6. Detailed knowledge and understanding of risk management, safety and quality principles and the role of the Registered Nurse/Midwife in applying these principles
7. Recent surgical experience in an acute care setting
This position requires a Working With Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Office of the Children’s Guardian. For more information on how to apply for the clearance, please visit the Office of the Children’s Guardian website www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/Working-with-children/working-with-children-check
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , NSW, AU
Posted on: 2015-05-16