OverviewSilverChain Volunteer Coordinator Part Time in Sydney NSW
Branch Sydney NSW AU
Health insurance discounts. Silver Chain Group is a national organisation encompassing Silver Chain and RDNS (SA)….
Silver Chain Group is a national organisation encompassing Silver Chain and RDNS (SA). The group is one of the largest providers of community and health services in Australia, providing a broad range of services across several states. A new opportunity has arisen for Volunteer Coordinator in the Western Sydney region. Lead a passionate team of volunteers that thrives on supporting clients in maintaining their independence and links to the community.
The role is permanent part time, 3 days per week to join a Community Specialist Palliative Care Team.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Our Volunteer Support Officers work with volunteers in their designated region to ensure that volunteer services are provided effectively and appropriately. In this dynamic role, you will work with existing volunteer coordinators in the region to promote palliative care volunteers and support volunteer recruitment and training to ensure that volunteer services are provided effectively and appropriately.
On a day-to-day basis you will receive specific requests for a volunteer service for clients from the Case Coordinators, Registered Nurses, Assistant in Nursing staff and the Social Workers. It will be your responsibility to identify volunteers to undertake these services and make the necessary arrangements through liaison with the referring health professionals. You will also identify the need for new volunteers and volunteering opportunities as these arise.
- High degree of self motivation, initiative and ability to work independently.
- Well developed analysis, decision making and problem solving skills
- An ability to work effectively within a team environment
- An understanding of the significance of volunteering to the provision of community services
- An enthusiasm and commitment to work with and support volunteers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including computer literacy
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills
- The ability to obtain a satisfactory National Police Certificate
- Current driver’s licence
- Orientation program and ongoing guidance and support provided.
- Earn up to $15,899 of your annual salary tax free through salary packaging.
- Health & Wellbeing Program
- Tech savvy company including smart phone and tablets
- Health insurance discounts
HOW TO APPLY: Click on the APPLY NOW button and send through a CV and a cover letter addressing the accountabilities of the role as outlined in the position description.
For further information contact Pamela Mitchell on 0476 802 862 or Caroline Marasovic on 0418 917 239
Vacancy Specific Screening
Essential: Do you have the ability to obtain a satisfactory National Police Clearance?
Essential: Do you hold a current valid Australian driver’s licence?
Essential: Do you have the rights to live and work in Australia?
Essential: Do you have experience in Community Care?
Essential: Have you read and understood the Position Description?
Essential: Do you have previous experience in a similar role?
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Sydney, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-17