OverviewSilverChain Therapy Assistant Part Time in Perth WA
Branch Perth WA AU
Work co-operatively and develop relationships with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds based on mutual respect and cross-cultural understanding….
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Silver Chain Group has been serving Australians for over 110 years helping its customers remain happy and healthy at home. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Therapy Assistant to join our diverse and dynamic team that thrives on supporting clients in maintaining their independence and links to the community, on a Permanent Part Time basis.
This Therapy Assistant role will cover the Northern Suburbs of Perth and the surrounds. This role is working within the community with flexible availability of Monday to Friday 7am – 3pm.
- Maintain rehabilitation, correctional and physical activities to meet client needs under the direction of Allied Health Professionals.
- Assist with group activities where necessary and within the scope of ability and training to meet client needs.
- Evaluate care provided to clients on an ongoing basis to ensure activities and care provided is consistent with changing client needs.
- Maintain confidentiality of information shared.
- Attend team meetings and team development activities.
- Work co-operatively and develop relationships with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds based on mutual respect and cross-cultural understanding.
A Certificate III or IV in Allied Health Assistance is essential to this role and in addition to this, candidates must have the following skills experience and attributes:
- Australian Driver’s License and access to a reliable and registered car is essential
- Ability to obtain a National Police Clearance
- Ability to develop relationships with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience in aged care activities and/or speech/mobility/occupational and/or cognitive therapies.
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Ability to prioritise work independently
Successful candidates will be rewarded with a fulfilling and purposeful career, and the ability to work for one of the largest not for profit aged care providers in Western Australia. Other benefits include:
- Travel Allowance of $.78 per kilometre
- Smart phone provided to perform your work
- Earn up to $15,899 of your annual salary tax free through our generous salary packaging options
- Internal Opportunities
- Social Club
- Health and wellbeing programs
Please submit your application including resume, cover letter and certificates where possible and tell us why you would love to be a part of the Silver Chain Team!
***Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply***
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vacancy Specific Screening
Essential: Do you have the ability to obtain a satisfactory National Police Clearance?
Essential: Do you hold a current valid Australian driver’s licence?
Essential: Do you have access to a reliable, registered motor vehicle?
Essential: Do you have the rights to live and work in Australia?
Essential: Do you have a Certificate lll or IV in Allied Health Assistance?
Essential: Do you have previous experience in a similar role?
Desirable: Do you have experience in Community Care?
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Perth, WA, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-14