OverviewSibelco Australia Assistant Finance Manager Full Time in Brisbane QLD
Branch Brisbane QLD AU
Assistant Finance Manager
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced Assistant Finance Manager , to be located at our Kota Damansara office on a permanent full…
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world – privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced Assistant Finance Manager , to be located at our Kota Damansara office on a permanent full-time basis.
Reporting into the Country Finance Manager, the purpose of this key role is to ensure all activities in the area of reporting, cost management, fixed assets and inventory are carried out in line with the business strategy and objectives. This role is seen as an integral part of our wider APAC finance function and will be responsible for implementing process improvement and efficiency within the team.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Financial budgeting and control – Perform budgeting, forecasting, cost analysis, review of pricing in accordance with the group policies
- Plan, direct and monitor capital expenditure spending and analyse the feasibility of business activities
- Consolidate all proposed capital expenditures, prepare and submit capital budgeting to the Regional Office for approval
- Direct and implement cost effectiveness initiatives and process improvement efficiencies, which are in line with the company’s strategies and plans
- Reporting – Direct and monitor timely and accurate reporting of all financial reports for submission to the Regional Office
- Inventory Management – work closely with Production department and validate book value in accordance with physical inventory volume on regular basis
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Register, ensuring depreciation is properly run and captured
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- A relevant tertiary qualification that is supported by proven experience in the key areas of responsibility, within a similar industry
- Strong reporting experience within a complex environment is essential
- Having an understanding of and experience in cost manufacturing, inventory and fixed asset management is highly desirable
- Previous experience in successfully implementing process improvement efficiencies
- Bilingual in English and Malay. Chinese literature will be an added advantage
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with and influence a variety of key stakeholders up to CCO level
- Complex problem solving and analytical skills, enabling innovative solutions and sound decision making and recommendations
- Experience in using Pronto or another large ERP system is preferred
With our Customers at the Centre, Sibelco’s culture is built on the core behaviours of building positive relationships , explore possibilities , speak up and deliver on promise . The successful candidate will model and foster this great culture and help to shape this agile business that believes ‘Materials Solutions, Advancing Life’.
Applications (cover letter & CV) can be sent via the careers page on our web site at http://www.sibelco.com/job-opportunities/ no later than Friday 28th April 2017.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-15