OverviewService Stream Planning Consultant Full Time in Melbourne VIC
Branch Melbourne VIC AU
Our telecommunications projects range from ‘build only’ to full turnkey contracts, including site acquisition, radio frequency, planning, environmental…
Service Stream’s Mobile Communications business unit are currently seeking a Planning Consultant to assist with the coordination of site planning and community consultation activities. This permanent, full time position based from Collins Street – Melbourne OR St Leonards – Sydney, reports to the National Planning Manager and presents a fantastic opportunity for someone keen on further developing their Telco experience,
- Develop and maintain a high level understanding of all relevant Commonwealth, State and Territory Legislation, Regulations and Codes of Practice and procedures
- Develop and maintain a high level understanding of local government policies and plans and procedures;
- Develop and maintain a high level understanding of community consultation principles and practices;
- Develop and maintain a high level knowledge or risk communications principles and procedures;
- Preparation of briefs and effectively engage and manage sub-consultants;
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of the health and safety issues and risks associated with the mobile telecommunications industry and be able to effectively liaise with stakeholders and the community in this regard;
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of all base station components and their specific applications and uses; and
- Understand the processes relating to other project segments including tenure agreements, site design and site construction.
- Adopt a proactive and responsive customer service attitude and maintain a good working relationship with clients;
- Ensure all advice, reports, correspondence, applications and consultation materials comply with company quality procedures and those requirements set out by the client;
- Ensure that appropriate research is conducted to achieve maximum value for money for both Service Stream and the client;
Adopt a proactive and responsive customer service attitude and maintain good working relationships with clients, sub-consultants, Council’s, Commonwealth and State Government agencies and other Carrier representatives.
Required skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have around 2 – 3 years’ planning experience in a government agency, local government or consulting environment – Telco experience will be highly valued.
In addition to this, we are seeking the following core competencies:
- Negotiating skills
- Relationship building skills
- Effective communication and time management abilities
- People management skills
- Strong computer literacy
Service Stream is an ASX listed company who specialise in the end-to-end delivery of the high volume services required to roll-out, maintain and operate essential networks throughout Australia. Our telecommunications projects range from ‘build only’ to full turnkey contracts, including site acquisition, radio frequency, planning, environmental approvals, community relations, design, design management, civil and electrical works, integration and commissioning, antenna and microwave procurement and installation, warehousing and logistics and site lifecycle works.
If this sounds like the role for you, please submit your CV via the link.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-24