OverviewSAL Consulting Intern/Provisional Psychologist Internship in Beecroft NSW
Branch Beecroft NSW AU
A willingness and ability to travel within Australia to regional areas and inter-state; Up to 12 Months Contract, Possible Permanent….
Up to 12 Months Contract, Possible Permanent
SAL Consulting is excited to be able to offer it’s next opportunity for psychology internships within our innovative and diverse organisation.
Who are we?
SAL Consulting is a human services consultancy that is focused on providing customised support to people and agencies within the health and community services sector.
SAL Consulting has a focus on working with complex and vulnerable individuals, systems and organizations, working to supporting children and youth; clients with a disability; and persons with mental heath support needs and their families.
Creating strong, collaborative relationships with individuals and organisations through communication and working together plays an integral part in SAL Consulting practice and ethos. We are an accredited provider of Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics through the Child Trauma Academy in USA, and a member of the Neuroleadership Institute.
SAL Consulting provides a range of services, including:
- organisational development; and
- training (accredited RTO, non-accredited and customised)
Our team at SAL Consulting is a collaboration of experienced professionals from a variety of backgrounds and specialist areas including: psychiatry, psychology, forensic psychology, educational psychology, speech pathology, occupational therapy, teaching, behaviour support, training and organizational development.
Why choose SAL Consulting?
By undertaking your internship with SAL Consulting, you will have the opportunity to work across the human services sector within metropolitan and regional NSW, as well as in other states. SAL Consulting has established networks in this industry and is considered at the forefront of clinical practice and development by both the government and non-government sectors. An internship with SAL Consulting provides excellent opportunities for future career development and employment within the human services sector.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to:
- access an extensive range of current resources;
- benefit from the experience of multiple supervisors, specializing in different areas of psychology;
- participate in SAL Consulting training;
- work with an innovative and established multidisciplinary team;
- develop an understanding and practical application of neuroscience, including the Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics (NMT);
- develop an understanding and practical application of many current psychological approaches;
- improve your capacity for thinking, problem solving and effective communication;
- benefit from SAL Consulting networks, and establish your own reputation in the sector, in preparation for your career as a psychologist.
What does a SAL Consulting Internship look like?
The work opportunities at SAL Consulting are many and varied. In the process of addressing the internship criteria outlined by AHPRA, SAL Consulting also endeavours to provide you with an experience of reflective practice and personal development, shaping your confidence and professionalism in working as a psychologist. To this end, you will have the opportunity to participate in:
- development and implementation of behaviour support plans;
- staff training;
- experience in a range of assessments including behavioural, psychosocial, risk, and psychometric;
- clinical report writing;
- consultation and clinical support for individuals, teams and organisations;
- therapeutic support;
- organisational development.
Upon completion of your SAL Consulting Internship, you will have been provided with high quality, well rounded experience for preparing you for a career as a psychologist in the human services sector.
We are looking for someone who has:Essential Criteria:
1. Current full or provisional registration with AHPRA (or eligibility for);
2. Direct experience working with people with intellectual disabilities, out-of-home care or Specialist Homelessness Services, ideally including direct care experience.
1. A degree majoring in Psychology (minimum 4 years);
2. Experience in providing clinical and/or behaviour assessment, intervention and support in the disability, out-of-home-care and / or Specialist Homelessness Sectors;
3. Exceptional communication skills including high level written skills, the capacity to impart knowledge and an ability to motivate others;
4. Demonstrated capacity to quickly engage different groups of people, in a variety of contexts, and with differing levels of engagement;
5. Demonstrated experience in providing responsive and, at times, unpredictable and crisis based support and advice;
6. Demonstrable skills in reflective/ critical thinking as well as an ability to think quickly and be responsive to meet tight time frames;
7. Demonstrated analytical and assessment skills;
8. Demonstrated skills and experience in intervention planning, design and delivery;
9. Applied knowledge in relation to current trends in clinical practice as it relates to the treatment of adults and children with intellectual disabilities; complex communication and behavioural support needs; and developmental/ complex trauma;
10. Initiative and the capacity to work autonomously;
11. The ability to work as part of a team, maintain a team identity and build relationships with colleagues who may be working across various locations;
12. A strong client focus and commitment to learning and ongoing professional development;
13. A current Driver’s license; and
14. A willingness and ability to travel within Australia to regional areas and inter-state;
Employment Type: Internship
Location: Beecroft, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-17