OverviewRelationships Australia Queensland People Advisor Contract in Brisbane QLD
Relationships Australia Queensland
Branch Brisbane QLD AU
The purpose of this role is to provide guidance and expertise to management in relation to people management matters, provide support in relation to human…
About Us Relationships Australia Queensland (RAQ) is a leading provider of relationship and family support services. We believe healthy relationships are essential for the well-being of children, families and communities. We are committed to offering the best possible counselling, mediation, education and support services, and are committed to social justice and inclusion. We provide services from more than 30 centres and employ over 400 employees across Queensland.
RAQ is dedicated to promoting work-life balance, and provides flexible working hours, a supportive team environment, paid parental leave and additional benefits such as medical insurance discounts and salary packaging arrangements.
About the Role We are currently seeking applications for the temporary part-time role (30 hours per week) of People Advisor until 29 June 2018. This position will be located at RAQ’s Support Services in Eight Mile Plains, working as a part of the Human Resources Team.
The purpose of this role is to provide guidance and expertise to management in relation to people management matters, provide support in relation to human resources reporting, and play a key role in human resources projects.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Advising and coaching management on appropriate recruitment procedure and policy, and effective methods of selecting talent, including assisting with the creation and review of Position Descriptions and creation of interview guides to aid panels in the selection process.
- Ensuring effective coaching of management in the use of performance tools (including review modules and performance improvement plans) and implementation of unsatisfactory performance procedures and strategies to improve performance to meet organisational expectations.
- Advising management of legislative requirements specific to disciplinary action and termination of employment, and responsibilities specific to organisational employee grievance and disciplinary procedures, and providing coaching and advice specific to conducting employee disciplinary procedures.
- Assisting in the investigation and facilitation of employee grievance and disciplinary processes.
- Providing expert advice to management concerning the interpretation of workplace agreements and other relevant legislation pertaining to industrial relations.
- Developing, implementing and regularly reviewing human resources policies and procedures, particularly in relation to the potential attainment of accreditation to ISO: 9001 for RAQ.
- Assisting the People Business Partner in drafting high quality briefs on key HR issues requiring decision-making, particularly those that impact funding or organisational liability.
- Providing requested information and HR analytics for the purpose of reporting to the Workplace Relations Workgroup, Executive Team and the Board.
About You To be successful in this position, you will have tertiary qualifications in business administration or people management, specialising in either human resources management or psychology.
You will have significant experience spanning the range of employee relations issues within a complex organisation/industry, coupled with a strong working knowledge of employee and industrial relations frameworks and excellent skills in assessing risk at both organisational and individual levels.
In addition, you will possess highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to prepare and present briefs and reports dealing with both strategic and operational HR issues.
The salary being offered is circa $69,176 to $79,628 per annum (pro rata for part-time), to be negotiated depending upon qualifications and experience, plus superannuation and generous salary packaging options where eligible which will significantly increase the value of take-home pay.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-18