OverviewRandstad customer service officer – geelong Temporay in Geelong VIC
Branch Geelong VIC AU
customer service officer – geelong
About the Company A major Victorian statutory authority in the Geelong , is offering a fantastic Customer Service opportunity in one of its main locations in…
About the Company
A major Victorian statutory authority in the Geelong , is offering a fantastic Customer Service opportunity in one of its main locations in Victoria. A valued and integral part of the Victorian government this authority is largely involved with improving Victoria’s livability and economic prosperity.
About the Role
Initially you will be required to manage customers enquires and questions on site in a face to face environment on a part time basis. Dealing with requests and applications on a variety of topics will also be accompanied with an amount of administrative and processing work. The possibility to move into other areas such as testing and more in depth customer service will come from a willingness to strive for improvement.
You will be required to work between 20 – 38 hours a week, but will need to be available between Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm. Start date will be early May.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive high end face to face customer service levels
- Deal with enquires and applications for services
- Perform administrative duties for processing enquires
- Communicate and interact with the team across the site
- Once experienced – move into testing and feedback team
- Providing cover if needed in nearby smaller sites
- Abide by professional policies and procedures in place
Skills & Experience
- Previous face to face customer service experience
- Proof of resilience and ability to focus on current tasks
- Ability to deal with sometimes sensitive or personal material
- A full, preferably clean, driving license
- A “How can I help attitude?” not “I can’t help” attitude
- Proven clerical and money handling skills
- A good understanding of Victorian road laws
- Professional and impeccable presentation
- Ability to learn and retain knowledge quickly and effectively
Culture & Benefits
This a fantastic opportunity to join a large Victorian institution based in Geelong, with training in Kew. With a team of over 30 staff on site you will be given training and support to get you up to speed fully on the role. With a great team environment built on support and teamwork you will gain a vast knowledge of a useful industry.
If you feel that you would be suitable for this role and match all the requirements above then please click the APPLY button below. Alternatively you can contact Laura McLaughlin for any further enquires you may have on the role.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Geelong, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-18