OverviewQueensland Government Senior Program Officer Temporay in Townsville QLD
Branch Townsville QLD AU
Senior Program Officer
Work across the boundaries of government, non-government agencies and the agricultural client base to promote compliance with the provisions of the…
Minerals and North Queensland Compliance team undertake environmental assessment and compliance services from offices in Cairns and Townsville and covers an area from the Burdekin Shire in the south, west to Boulia and the Northern Territory border, and north to Cape York and the Torres Strait Islands. North Queensland includes a range of industry and commerce, including agriculture, livestock production, and industrial development and includes the North West Mineral province where most of the state’s large base metal mining operations are located.
The Senior Program Officer position sits in our compliance and customer service team within Minerals and North Queensland Compliance (MaNQC). The position reports to the Program Coordinator and while it does not have staff directly reporting to the position, the position may be required to supervise staff in the future. The position will be required to facilitate delivery of a program of agricultural compliance (sugar cane) in relation to the requirements of the Environmental Protection Act 1994 and will take the lead in developing and maintaining systems to prioritise, track and report on compliance and related activities.
The position will also need to engage with other areas of the Department of Environment and Heritage Protection (EHP) including the Office of the Great Barrier Reef.
Specifically you will:
- Conduct research and analysis (including Geographic Information System models and products) developing recommendations, preparing papers/reports to improve programs and their efficiency.
- Assist in risk assessments and project evaluation to develop options for program improvements.
- Develop recommendations for compliance resource allocation including initial planning, delivery and evaluation of specific projects.
- Work in a team-based environment on project-planning and implementation activities related to research, needs assessments and service delivery.
- Consult stakeholders, such as program managers and/or other external organisations, to discuss how program and service functions, business practices and related processes can be improved while maintaining ongoing business relationships.
- Work across the boundaries of government, non-government agencies and the agricultural client base to promote compliance with the provisions of the Environmental Protection Act 1994 and the Environmental Protection Regulation 2008 relevant to the carrying out of agricultural Environmentally Relevant Activities (ERA).
- Prepare presentations, oral and written reports, briefing materials, planning documents and reports to support ongoing programs and services.
- Manage task and project progress and milestones to ensure the timely delivery of outcomes.
Senior Program Officer may be required to undertake the full range of responsibilities as specified in the role profile.
Citizenship/Visa for temporary appointments: you must have a visa permitting you to work for the length of the temporary appointment.
Position Vacancies 1 Temporary full time position for 12 months until 29th June 2018 (with the possibility of extension) is available in the Compliance and Customer Service Centre, based in either our Cairns or Townsville Office. Your application will remain current for up to 12 months and you may be contacted regarding other identical or similar vacancies for varying duration at various locations for either temporary full-time or part-time employment. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Townsville City, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-23