OverviewQueensland Government Senior Advisor, Cybersafety Temporay in Brisbane QLD
Branch Brisbane QLD AU
Senior Advisor, Cybersafety
Collaborate with the Legal and Administrative Law Branch, eLearning, State Schooling and other key departmental units with regard to management of the…
You will have responsibility for leading the following activities and undertaking the following key tasks:
- Provide high level advice to the Manager, Cyber Safety and Reputation Management and to other units of the department on cyber safety and reputation management issues, particularly in relation to safe online practices.
- Liaise with clients and stakeholders including other government agencies.
- Undertake complex written communication activities including submissions to review forums, policy submissions, correspondence and briefing notes for approval of the Minister, Director-General and executive management.
- Provide high level advice for the development and implementation of standards, guidelines and procedures for students, parents and departmental staff to address issues of cyber safety and reputation management.
- Prepare submissions, reports, briefing material and correspondence regarding cyber safety and reputation management issues, often within limited timespans.
- Conduct professional development sessions to inform school principals and teachers on managing incidents of inappropriate online behaviours and key issues relating to cyber safety, reputation management and digital citizenship.
- Plan, coordinate, develop and present online safety awareness and digital citizenship sessions for students, teaching staff and parents.
- Collaborate with the Legal and Administrative Law Branch, eLearning, State Schooling and other key departmental units with regard to management of the department’s reputation and cyber safety, including cyberbullying and online safety incidents.
- Develop professional relationships with social network providers to foster understanding of cyber safety and reputation management from the department’s perspective and to assist in the timely removal of inappropriate online content.
To apply please provide the following information:
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under “How you will be assessed”.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Employees Requiring Placement will be considered on merit. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-17